Short Prologue

Flashback

Sitting in my room, the only place that I have known for the past four years. My adopted father, if I could call him that, had just finished beating you for the second time today. At least your mother still loved you. She came into the room and walked over to you.

Summer: Hey buddy, you doing okay?

(Y/N): Mom, I am bleeding from every part of my body.

She reached over to your back, causing you to flinch.

Summer: Uncle Qrow is coming over tomorrow, he said he got you a present!

You started to cry and hugged your mother, she started to gently rub your back. Soon, you fell asleep in her arms.

You woke up the next day from your sisters coming into your room.

Yang: Sup waste of space?

(Y/N): ...

Ruby: She is talking to you!

(Y/N): I know, and I chose not to answer, you are just going to beat me anyway, right?

They responded by starting the usual beating, they left after five minutes because the doorbell rang. I heard Qrows voice from downstairs, I heard footsteps coming up the stairs. He comes through your door to see you bloodied.

Qrow: Hey bud, how are you doing?

(Y/N): ...

Qrow: I know bud, I got you a present, but it's going to have to wait until tonight. Do you want to know what it is?

I nod my head, and he walks up and whispers into my ear.

Qrow: I'm getting you out of here buddy.

I sat up with the last of my strength and hugged him.

Qrow: I'm gonna keep them occupied, so they can't come up here today, you need to pack what you have in this bag.

He hands me a backpack.

Qrow: I have a notebook and a pen in there, after you pack your stuff, write anything that you want to say to them on that notebook. I have also put some food and water in there so you can gain some strength. I'll see you tonight buddy.

He leaves the room, as soon as he does, I open the bag and eat and drink. I can already feel the strength returning to me, I also hear my "Family" leaving the house. I packed all my stuff and left a note.

Timeskip

I saw a crow at the window and throw it open, Qrow turns back into his human form.

Qrow: Climb through the window, we are getting out of here!

I nodded and climbed through the window. Qrow and I escaped into the woods, where I went and lived with him to train for many years.

Yang's PoV

I can't wait to go and beat that waste of space. I walked up to his room and burst through the door, to see that he wasn't there.

Yang: Mom, Dad!

Tai: Did that piece of shit hurt you?

Yang: He is gone!

Summer: What?

I walked forward to see a note on his bed.

Yang: There is a note on his bed!

Summer rushes forward and grabs it

I'm done, I have done nothing to you guys, but you have done nothing but hurt me. Evil will come if you call my name, the wicked day shall rise.

Tai, I used to love you, you were the father that I didn't have, but now I can never forgive you. I am no longer (Y/N) Xiao Long, I can't call myself that anymore. I fucking hate you.

Summer, I want you to know that I still love you, you were the one that still found it in them to love me. I will find you one day.

Yang, do you remember when dad told you to hurt me, and you told him no? I told you that you needed to do anything to not get hurt. I may never find it in me to forgive you, but I know that even if you started to enjoy it, I know deep down you still hated hurting me.

Ruby, I just can't find it in me to be that angry with you, all you knew was abuse, you think that it is normal. Yet, every time that I would get hit, you would laugh. I may never be able to forgive you either, but you will have a lot less convincing to do.

Signed

(Y/N) (L/N)