⤷ dead sea | closed

DEAD SEA
allie pressman

⠀⠀

" I get it, he's your first love "

˚
⠀⠀

⠀⠀
title — dead sea
love interest — allie pressman
oc name — arabella james *
nickname — ari, bella, bells *
faceclaim — cara delevingne *
status — open
⠀⠀

⠀⠀

˚

" He's not my first love "

⠀⠀

SUMMARY
⠀⠀

⠀⠀ARABELLA JAMES WAS A CLICHE.
she fell for her best friend. The one person she couldn't have. How much more cliche could she get? Recognizing how much of a trope she was didn't stop her from wanting her, though. Years before, she had gotten a taste of what it was like to be with Allie Pressman, and now she couldn't get it out of her mind. In their new home of New Ham, Arabella had to learn to put her feelings aside to keep her best friend afloat.

⠀⠀

&&

in which Arabella James
can't get over her best friend
Allie Pressman

⠀⠀
˚
⠀⠀

NOTES

— plot inspired by the song "Dead Sea" by The Lumineers

— As a character, Arabella is a lot more reserved and quiet than Allie. She's most open around her, but around others she's closed off.

— I see her having a good friendship with Sam once in New Ham. She learned sign language growing up with him and Allie, but the two were never close before.

— Arabella has been in love with Allie for as long as she can remember. She was Allie's first best friend, before Will, then they eventually all became best friends.

— One night during Sophomore year, when Arabella was spending the night at Allie's house, the girl's kissed. This turned into a routine, the girls hooking up in private but acting like nothing more than friends in public.

— It started to mess with Arabella's head a lot, because she was in love with Allie but felt like nothing more than a friend. When Arabella admitted she had feelings for her, Allie told her she was in love with Will, breaking her heart. They decided to stop messing around and just go back to being best friends.

— The awkwardness eventually subsided and Arabella became convinced Allie decided to just forget all about it, but Arabella couldn't.

— In New Ham, Arabella moved in with the Pressmans and helped with all of the decision making. When Cassandra died, Arabella felt it almost as strongly as Allie, because Cassandra was basically a sister to her, too. Arabella is the one who stays in Allie's room, not Will.

— When Allie has to become the leader, Arabella is the one who is there for her most, keeping her grounded. This is really important and a reference to the song. The chorus goes "You told me I was like the dead sea, you'll never sink when you are with me." Arabella keeps Allie above water and going.

— There should be more lingering touches and flirting from here on out. It should be implied that maybe there's something still there, but nothing explicitly stated. Just enough to get Arabella's hopes up.

— When the poisoning happens, Will and Arabella are both at Allie's side. Kelly still tells Will she thinks he loves Allie, so he asks if he can stay with her that night. Arabella goes and is heartbroken, again.

— Allie tells Arabella what happened that night, with Will cuddling her, and that's where the above quote comes in. Arabella thought Will was Allie's first love and she had forgotten about their fling, but she hadn't. Arabella was Allie's first love.

— Allie should be conflicted, because she does have feelings for Will and is so used to pushing down her feelings for Arabella. Plus, as exemplified by Grizz, it can be assumed West Ham isn't the most accepting and Allie should fear the public response of being with Arabella.

— Allie should pick Arabella despite the odds.

— Cute song reference somewhere could be "And I don't gamble, but if I did I would bet on us."

— Arabella is locked up with Allie in the end

( plot by rose ! )

bellamy_boo