Parade🏳️‍🌈

IM NOT LATE WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Loki held up the piece of fabric, gazing at its many colours, "what is this?"

"It's a flag! For you," Peter answered enthusiastically.

Loki rose an eyebrow. Pink, white, purple, black, blue, a stripe of each. "I can see that, but what is it for?"

"Did Mr. Stark not say? We're making an appearance at the pride parade tomorrow," he explained enthusiastically. "We designed new coloured suits and everything. Each flag represents someone in the community."

Ah, yes, the two of them have had several conversations about Midgard's ridiculous amount of needless and specific labels for everything. No wonder they were always fighting each other over everything. Anyways, she assumed that this range of colours related to her ever changing gender.

Peters voice snapped her out of her thoughts. "It'll be a huge parade! People everywhere of every kind. I wanted Spider-Man to make an appearance and Mr. Stark thought he should too! Y'know, to show that we are allies and even members."

He snapped out of a thought of his own, brining his growing excited tone back down, "I know crowds aren't really your thing but, think you'll come? We'll have to set up some sort of transport for you though..."

It was obvious that someone like Loki didn't fair well in public appearances; she usually left that up to Stark. She looked down at the multi-coloured fabric, smoothing it between her fingers.

This crowd would be different. This would be a crowd of drastically different people, all coming together to acknowledge their past, and look to the future. A crowd like her.

"I think I've got a spell for that."

~ ~ ~

The streets of New York had never been more colourful through the rest of the year. Like a pack of crayons had melted and the wax had been sprinkled everywhere, with glitter on the side. Nothing is gayer than glitter.

The party was in full swing. Floats moved down the streets in a powerful march, dancers and music littered the tops. The only area not so colourful was the one corner inhabited by homophobic protesters. Not that they were given much attention

Suddenly, something zoomed past the crowd trailing red yellow and blue. Then another pink, purple, and blue figure flew by. And another, leaving a glowing trail in all those colours and more. The sound and sight however, was common to those living in New York. The trademark of their heros.

Tony flew loops around each float. His lights, though usually light blue, now also contained pink and yellow. This created a Pansexual trail throughout the sky.

Next was Peter, or Spider-Man in this case, swinging from building to building giving high fives and fist bumps in his new bisexual flag coloured suit. The red parts were traded in for its lighter counterpart, and the black spider and webs were now purple.

Last, but not least, was Loki herself, trying out a new spell that features a translucent disk she stood upon and used to levitate upon the crowd. The disk itself left a trail of rainbow light that dissipated after a few seconds.

She wore a vaguely regular green outfit with a leather vest, black pants, and heeled boots. There was a flowing cape attached to her vest, the flag Peter gave her, representing genderfluidity. Her left half had her signature forest green and gold makeup on, and her hair was curled and bouncy. The other side was barren, and her hair was straight and gelled. Her body essentially divided right down the middle, representing the two genders she most likely identified as.

The trio, as extra as they were, flew around giving high fives, salutes, and even mini flags with the Avengers' signatures on them.

Despite her lack of extroversion, Loki was having a great time. Disappointing  looks in the crowd were nowhere to be seen, apart from the Crazy Christian Fun Police™. They received an exaggerated blown kiss, plus a wink for good measure.

And, no one really knows how, but a handful of them went home that day to a new rainbow hairstyle. Loki had refused involvement, not that she really would have gotten punished for it. It'll wear off in a few... weeks.

In the aftermath of the party, as always, there were people both celebrating and denouncing the heroes' involvement in the parade. Some people even used the ex-villain's inclusion against the community.

But, for once in a long time, she didn't care anymore.

YAY PRIDE MONTH! YAY CANADA DAY! YAY FOURTH OF JULY! All that stuff.

Update: I found this