Chapter 29: Rodney's magic show stage fright

Rodney has been practicing magic tricks for quite sometime, but when he finds out he's gonna be performing in front of millions of people, he gets really nervous. Will he ever perform his cool tricks on stage?
--------------------
It was a Saturday night and Roddy and Rita were putting up a magic show for their son, Rodney along with the help of their friends. "Ladies and gentlemen! The moment you've all been waiting for the magnificent and greatest magician ever! Rodney St. James!" Bolt said through a microphone. Mittens rolled the tattered curtains with a rope and it showed Rodney, who was wearing a magic hat and cape, holding up a wand.

His friends and neighbors, and Rodney's whole family all clapped, awed, cheered for him. Including Robin and Denny, who had both came to watch him as well.

Rodney took his hat off and pulled out a slug, holding it by it's eye stems. His friends and family all started clapping. Then he pulled out two rings and stuck them together as he put his hand in one of them and pulled the other ring out of it. His friends and family clapped, again. Up next, he held out his hand and with the tip of his wand, he touched the tip of his fingers and it appeared fold up cards. His friends and family clapped, once again.

Then Rodney brought out a tiny wardrobe as he waved his wand and pointed right at it. He opened the door and his big sister, Rachel, walked out of it. "And now, I would like to call Rhino to come up on stage with me." Rodney said before Rhino walked out of his hamster ball before walking up on stage, next to Rodney.

He threw his cape over him as he wiggled his fingers, waving his hands around it circles three times until he removed his cape and Rhino was gone. His friends neighbors, and family all gasped in surprise. Then Rodney waved his cape back and forth before showing Rhino was suddenly floating in mid-air. His friends and family were all amazed. When Rhino looked down, he was ecstatic as Rodney brought him back down. The others all stood up, clapping and cheering for him before Roddy, Rita, and Rachel ran up to him for a big embrace. Even Mittens whistled to her as Rodney bowed down.

"Thank you, thank you all. I hope you all enjoyed it. Thanks for coming! Good night, everybody!" He said, before he reached into his pocket and threw a smoke bomb out onto the stage, showing the smoke, covering him up. Once the smoke faded away, he was gone and the others all clapped and cheered, wildly.

"Man, isn't Rodney amazing or what?" Alex said.

"Yeah, he was great. His Uncle Vincent has been teaching him magic tricks for ten weeks now." Puss said, before he, the Diablos, and Platy went over to Roddy and Rita's house and knocked on their bedroom window. Rachel was just leaving the room with Denny and Robin while Rita was hugging her son before she walked up to the window and opened it for Puss, the Diablos, and Platy.

"Hi, Puss, hi, Platy, hi, Diablos." She said.

"Did you like my show?" Rodney asked.

"Yes, we did. You were great." Puss said.

"Thank you." Rodney said, smiling when Roddy walked in the room, getting excited to see his son.

"There's my little magic man. Uncle Vincent's taught you good, hasn't he?" Roddy said, swooping up his son, blowing raspberries on his neck and peppering him with kisses as Rodney giggled.

"Yes, he has, daddy." He said.

"Alright, you go play with your sissy and friends." He said, putting Rodney down."

"Okay, daddy." Rodney said before leaving the room.

Roddy walked up to the window close to his wife and friends. "Hi, Puss." He said.

"Hey, Roddy, Rita, Rodney's amazing at his magic tricks, don't you think?" Puss said.

"Yeah, he's so good, I've never seen him do those tricks before."