Chapter 14: In the cave

When the friends go hiking up the mountains, Roddy, Rita, and their children get stuck deep in a cave. So they went to go find them.
————————————————————
One Sunday night, Puss and Platy were looking around, stopping by at the St. James house, wondering where Roddy and Rita have gone all day. Once they got there, Puss looked through their living room window and saw them sleeping on the couch. It left him confused to why they were sleeping when it was only 7:00 in the evening before he tapped on their window, causing them to toss and turn, walking up.

They both turned around and saw Puss out their window before Rita sat up and opened it for him. "Hi, Puss, sorry we fell asleep. We're exhausted." She said.

"It's been a long day today. So we thought we could take a quick nap. What time is it?" Roddy yawned.

Puss looked down at his watch before he turned back to his friends. "Um, 7:00, the last time I checked." He said.

Roddy groaned, slapping his face with his hand. "We've been asleep for two hours now? We must've been exhausted."

"Where are your kids by the way?"

"They're in the basement, playing." Rita said.

"For once today, they've been quiet for a while." Roddy said.

"Yeah, They have been. I need to go check on them to make sure they didn't fall asleep since we'll be ordering dinner tonight. Care to join us for a pizza, Puss? I bet Platy would like some, too." Rita said.

"Oh, I'm good. Remy's cooking food right now, but I'll come drop by to pick up a slice for Platy." Puss said.

"Okay."

"But I have one question. Where were you guys all day? We went to the beach to go swimming earlier and we were hoping you two and the kids would come soon. We even had an ice cream stand there, too."

"Oh, we're sorry, Puss. We were too busy all day, taking care of the kids today." Rita said.

"Pretty much, all of us were in a bad mood today. Rodney woke up to a nightmare last night and came into our room to sleep with us." Roddy said.

"And Rachel only slept for three hours last night. So she's been cranky today." Rita said.

"But we did give her a nap later on and woke up, feeling so much happier. We were trying to get Rodney to take his nap, but he was afraid monsters will chase him like they did in his bad dream. So we sat with him until he fell asleep and carried him over to sleep next to his sister to make him feel safe."

"Sounds like your kids had quite a rough day to start, huh?" Puss said.

"Tell me about it." Roddy said.

You know we're parents. It's not always easy everyday. We don't go out and have a little alone time together like we used to." Rita said.

"Someday, Puss, when you and Kitty have kids of your own, you'd understand our pain." Roddy said.

"Yeah, someday." Puss said, thinking about that in a daydream before he turned back to his friends. "You know, if you two want a little alone time together, you can always take your kids to their grandparents' house. They're almost always available. Even your brothers and sisters, Rita."

"We'll think about that. Tomorrow, we have to take them to the doctor's appointment for a check up." Rita said.

"They're not pretty happy about it, but it's just to make sure they stay healthy and so that they don't catch any serious illnesses." Roddy said.

"Well, Okay, hope all goes well tomorrow. Adios." Puss said, leaving the house with Platy.

The next day, around the afternoon after their kids had lunch, Roddy and Rita were getting Rachel and Rodney ready to go to the doctor's appointment for their checkup. "Are we gonna get a shot, too?" Rachel asked.