Chapter 61

Elliot was such a cock blocker. Ana and I had an intimate afternoon planned, and then my goofy fucking big brother showed up. He'd headed into the living room while Ana was feeding, but she had her back to him so he wouldn't have seen anything. Still – the fucker needed to learn to knock! What if he'd arrived ten minutes later?!

Still, my disappointment was soon forgotten when Teddy crawled for the first time. Elliot encouraged a repeat performance while Ana recorded it on my phone. Even in the twenty minutes he spent crawling, our Teddy gained speed and confidence. While Ana put our now exhausted son down in his playard, I messaged the video to Mom, Mia, Carla, and Ray. Switching my phone to silent, so their messages back would not wake Ted, I briefly considered before also forwarding the video to David.

"So, what's news?" I asked Elliot, slipping my phone into my pocket, before cuddling against my wife on a sofa.

"Work is crazy," Elliot said, leaning back against the opposite sofa with a yawn. "Between the roof trusses, the project at the Uni, and our bread and butter stuff, I've been pulled in too many directions. Your father has been an absolute God-send, Ana. The manufacturing area has required more direction than I expected, but Ray has kept things running, overseeing the guys and working out the orders and all that."

"He seems to enjoy it," she said, smiling happily.

"He's been phenomenal," Elliot asserted. "We needed more staff, but no one had the broad range of skills required, so he suggested we take on apprentices, and rotate them between the different areas, including his custom work. We're only a few weeks in, but it's working out well."

"I'm happy to hear it," Anastasia said with a happy smile. "Daddy gave up a lot of opportunities to look after and give me stability growing up. I'm thrilled he's started a new life here in Seattle."

We spoke about a lot of other things after that, before I finally addressed the elephant in the room.

"Have you heard from Ms. Kavanaugh?"

"Oh, for fuck's sake, Christian. I'd planned to marry her – you can call her Kate!"

Ana's eyes dipped across to where Teddy slept but seeing him unconscious of Elliot's words, she chose not to chastise him.

"And to answer your question, no. I blocked her numbers from my cell, there are instructions at work not to put her through to me, and when she's got through regardless, I've hung up on her. What about you?"

"The same," Ana confirmed looking at my brother sadly.

"What about Mia? Has she spoken with Ethan?" Elliot pressed.

"Not that I'm aware of. Last I heard, she was pissed off that he left her in limbo. I don't think she's planning to wait around for him."

"And how's her being at GEH going?" Elliot asked with a grin.

"Better than expected," I admitted. "She's taking it more seriously than I expected, and so far all reports have been positive."