Chapter 2

"Taylor!" I roared, racing down to the main room in Escala. "It's time!"

Taylor looked up from his cup of coffee and smirked. The fucking audacity! Seated at the breakfast bar looking as cool as a cucumber while my wife was about to have a baby!

Ana had been laboring at home since early evening. Now, at 2:00 am, her contractions were getting more regular; eight minutes apart. Gail and Carla were in our room with her now, keeping her company and distracting her with a Gossip Girl marathon. It was odd seeing Ana propped up in our bed, Gail sitting to one side of her, Carla on the other. However, it made Ana happy, and that was the important thing right now.

I thought the show was inane. I'd met more than enough kids like that when I was at Harvard . But Ana loved the series, and strangely so did Gail. In fact, Monday nights had become 'Gossip Girl' central, Ana and Gail sitting in our media room watching each new episode religiously. Quickly determining Taylor found it as mind-numbing as I did, we'd scheduled our weekly security meeting to coincide with the show.

"The car is packed, and it's in the spot beside the elevator. Sawyer is already at the hospital securing the space."

"And Dr. Greene? Has she been informed?" I demanded, mentally running through my checklist.

"It's the middle of the night, and my waters haven't broken yet" Ana's weary voice behind me announced. "Let's get to the hospital and they can call her when she's needed." Ana stood at the bottom of the stairs, beautiful in a long maxi-dress with a cardigan. Even at thirty-nine and a half weeks pregnant, and swollen with our son, she was breathtaking.

"What are you doing down here?" I growled, giving Gail and Carla furious looks. "You might have tripped on the stairs!"

"I can still walk, Christian," Ana gently chided me, taking the small bag Gail was carrying. "Now are you going to get ready to take me to the hospital?"

"The car is packed, so let's go," I announced, walking to Ana's side and slipping my arm around her waist to help her to the elevator.

"Christian?" Ana giggled; it was still the most beautiful sound my ears had ever heard. "Maybe you'd like to get changed first?"

I looked down, muttering a curse as I realized I was still barefoot and in a pair of pajama pants and T-shirt.

"I'll be right back," I said, taking the stairs two at a time.

"Were you that bad with Sophie?" I heard Ana ask Taylor.

"I seriously hope not," Taylor replied, causing my wife and his to titter in amusement.

Ana had laid out clothes for me on our bed. Changing quickly, I joined everyone downstairs just in time to see the end of another contraction.

"Call me when there's news or if you need me," Carla said, hugging Ana before passing her over to Gail.

"Anything you need, just call," Gail added.

My arm around Ana again, I guided her to the elevator, Taylor following us.

"No press downstairs?" I checked.

"No. The press release seems to have done the job," Taylor replied with a smirk. In a genius maneuver suggested by my PR team, after we returned from our honeymoon, Grey House had put out a statement confirming the pregnancy, stating Baby Grey was expected in late March. Family and close friends knew Ana's due date was actually the eleventh of March, but as far as anyone else was concerned, Ana still had a few weeks to go.

The basement garage was deserted, so we attracted no attention as I helped Ana into the back seat of the Audi. We made good time, traffic being almost non-existent, so before I long, we arrived at a side entrance to the hospital, a midwife waiting for us with a wheelchair.