Chapter 50

Christian and David were staring at each other intently before David mentioned he could see Christian's mother in him. With that one sentence, my heart soared! If David could see a resemblance, it suggested Christian's mom was more than a one-night stand to him.

"Please come in and take a seat," I said, gesturing to the seating area in our suite. At Wendy's suggestion, I was playing the part of hostess for the first few minutes.

David and Aisling sat on one sofa, leaving the loveseat for Christian and me. Wendy sat in an armchair with her back to the window.

"I have the non-disclosure agreement you requested here," Aisling said, fishing the document out of her oversized purse. "Although it seems unnecessary since you obviously know so much more about us than we go about you! I mean – we don't even know your name!" She wasn't exactly rude, but there was a level of recrimination in her words.

She dropped the signed agreement on the table in front of her.

"You don't know my name?" Christian asked, looking at David, not Aisling. "I didn't know that."

"Mr. Welch has only referred to you as Mr. G," he explained.

"Then let me introduce myself. I am Christian Grey, and this is my wife Anastasia. We live in Seattle, and we also have a son Theodore who is coming up on six months old."

Wendy nodded approvingly, smiling to let me know she'd take over from here.

"Christian? Can you start by outlining why you looked into your biological parentage and the steps that led to today's meeting?" she requested.

"Carrick and Grace Grey adopted me when I was four. I have some memories of my birth mother, but I knew nothing of my biological father and nothing of my birth mother's background. Becoming a father made me curious about my background, so I set the wheels in motion to find out more about my mother's history. It was dead end after dead end until I had a copy of my DNA compared to various online repositories. Your sister and brother were registered on a genealogy site and came up as close matches. After further analysis, the specialists could determine they were almost certainly my full-blood aunt and uncle. After checking out the family tree, they identified you as the most likely person to be my father."

Wendy nodded, watching David and Aisling carefully. "David? Do you want to respond to this?"

"Yes," he said, giving Aisling an apologetic look. "Now I have seen you, there's no doubt in my mind you're my son. The resemblance between us is obvious, however, you also resemble your mother. You have her eyes, and also her lips."

"You knew my mother?" Christian asked, hope written all over his face.

David seemed confused. "Since I believe I'm your father, of course I knew your mother. I had no idea about you, though."

Wendy looked around the room at us all. "Christian? Can you explain to David and Aisling why you could not track down anything about your birth mother?"

My darling man nodded, running his hands through his copper locks.

"My birth certificate lists my mother as Ella Riley. Despite conducting numerous searches for her name and birthdate amongst every available database, there were no matches. The people I had searching believe she gave a fake name at the hospital to avoid having to pay for my delivery."

"Eleanor Murphy," David replied without pause. "She grew up three doors down from where I did, and she was my girlfriend at high school."

I looked at Christian and could tell he needed a moment.