34

AN - I should have put this out sooner, but I never got around to it. Let me know what you think!

Aiden Grey

"You're breaking up with me?"

I held Aiden's hands in mine, but I honestly wanted nothing more than to leave him sitting here alone in this waiting room. To go back and sit with Simon. To go fight my way into my mom's room and tell my dad where he could shove it. I had no idea why I thought this was important right now, but for some reason it brought me comfort.

"Aiden, we were never really dating. I thought that I might be ready to go down that road with you, but I'm sorry. I'm just—"

He cut me off. "—Still in love with him. I get it. I was dumb to think that I could even compare to a guy you've loved since fucking grade five."

I wasn't sure if he was being hostile or not, but I made the decision to move away from him. "I wasn't—"

"Yes you were. And everyone could see it—except the two of you. I don't know who's more stupid, me or you," he chuckled humourlessly. He glared at me for another second before his face fell. "I thought we were going to have sex last night. How did we go from that to this?"

I laughed in his face, and took a quick look around the room. Simon, or any of my friends for that matter, didn't need to hear that I almost slept with Aiden. Judging by his reaction right now, I had nothing to brag about when it came to my relationship with him.

I decided to whisper the first part in case anyone was listening in. "First of all, if we had sex, I can tell you without a doubt in my mind that I would have regretted it." I thanked god that my words took him by surprise because it gave me enough time to figure out what to throw at him next.

"And second, you don't get to say anything about my feelings for Simon. You were a friend when I needed one, but you were a part of my life for about a minute. If you actually cared, you would have been here when I found out about my mom instead of being piss drunk on the floor of your friend's house.

You tried to beat up Simon, it was completely uncalled for when you brought his mom into things. Looking at our 'relationship' as a whole, I can't believe that I had the patience to put up with you. But thank you for making me explain this all to you when my mom is in the hospital. If you'll excuse me, I'm actually going to go see her now."

Every word pushed more adrenaline through my veins. It felt like if I said anything else, I would be riled up enough to attack him in the middle of the hospital waiting room. We had caught the attention of a few other family members, but I think they ignored us for the most part. Before Aiden could get a word in, and almost guarantee I strangled him, I turned on my heel and walked back to the family waiting room.

When I got there, I saw that Simon had snuck Ashlee and Moira in. They stood immediately when they saw me, but I shook my head to say that I didn't want to talk. Instead, I rounded the corner and knocked on my mom's door. I probably shouldn't talk to my dad when I was still fuming over talking with Aiden, but it also gave me enough courage to stand up to him.