This was even worse than that goddamn gown. Jane was being being fitted for her wedding dress.

She had yet another corset on, and Mr. Bronte's tailor was holding different patterns up to her shift dress. He had a collection of magazines, all with the latest fads of weddings.

"What do you think," he said, looking at a magazine. "Silk or lace?"

"Lace," her aunt answered. "It is classical, and shows that she is a pure bride for Stefano."

He looked from the magazine, lowering his glasses. Unlike the rest of the Brontes, he was French. "I was asking her."

Jane held back a laugh when she saw her aunt's face. "Well," Jane said, "I think I'd like silk."

He nodded. "Very well. Do you want high back and low front, low back and high front, low for both, or high for both?"

"What- What do you mean 'low for both'?"

"Oh, it is all the rage in France right now. It seems to be a bit controversial in American, but it is the Progressive Era, yes?"

Her aunt huffed. "Absolutely not."

"Well, you are not the one getting married, correct? Singor Bronte told me to dress the bride however she pleases."

Jane wanted to antagonize her aunt as much as possible. "Low back and high front seems like a good idea."

The tailor chuckled. "Yes, yes. I believe so, too. Quite fashionable."

He led her to a bench and sat her down in front of a mannequin. Handing her a glass on champagne, he said, "Now, you watch, and tell me what you like and don't like."

He started pinning different pieces of fabric to it. It was all given to her by the brothers she had met the night before.

She had to admit that this whole process was kind of fun. There was no doubt in her mind that she wasn't getting married to Stefano, so she humored herself by telling herself it was for Arthur.

But would she marry him?

She had thought she wasn't ready when he proposed to her, but she had discovered something while she had been here.

Maybe she was hesitant to marry him because she assumed restriction would come with it, like this one would. But if anything, it would give her more freedom.

Her stomach seemed to jump at her sudden realization. But would Arthur even want to anymore? Has he changed his mind?

And how the hell do I get out of here? Matteo said he would help her, but how would he get the cure?

What if I can't get it in time? What if Arthur doesn't come?

In what seemed like seconds, half an hour had passed. The tailor looked to Jane for approval.

The gown was absolutely beautiful. It was completely silk, and had flowy sleeves just above her elbows. The front was high, just like she had said, and the back was open about halfway down in a v-shape. The bottom fell straight down, which Jane appreciated. She hated big gowns. The back had a modest train.