Waking Nightmare (Yandere!Connor x Reader) 'Fighting For a Reason P.2'

Start from the beginning

Every day was like a repeating loop. You would wake up in a daze, to find Connor beside you, shoving food or water into your mouth, keeping you from starving or dying of thirst. Most times, you would wake up to find the dark room empty of life, save for the quiet sounds of mice in the darkness. But even when Connor was by your side, you had never felt so alone.

The only thing that saved you was the peaceful void of sleep that took you every night. In that realm of darkness, you could finally be away from all the stress.

But too soon, it would be over and you would awaken again to the same nightmare. It happened so often that you had given up feeling hope of awakening to safety now. Your mind was slowly being shattered.

Yet you still couldn't give in.

One day, you awoke with new-found determination. Connor had begun to trust you enough to take the binds off your wrists and ankles. You could walk around your dark room, and whenever he left, you took your time feeling around the walls. You had a vague map of the room in your mind now, and you hoped it would some day come in handy for you to have the chance to escape.

Connor never forgot to lock the door. You assumed that as an android, he had a familiar routine mapped in his mind. You knew that you could not change anything in his routine, but perhaps you could find a way to escape that he wouldn't notice.

After studying the room for quite some time, you came to understand that the door was the only way out. So one day, after Connor had left, you went to work on the door.

First you tried to pick the lock, but of course, you were unable to do it. Next you tried to pull the hinges off the door, which proved to be practically impossible. Connor had left you no tools to use, most likely already considering this situation. With no other choices, in your desperation, you picked up your chair and slammed it over the doorknob.

To your utter amazement, you heard the doorknob smash and fall to the cement ground. You heard a creak as the old door moved open. Relief flooded into you, but you weren't safe yet.

The next room was just as dark, but through some dim lighting in the ceiling, you could see a rickety staircase. You climbed up, to find a basement door, which was where the light had been seeping through. You hesitantly pushed it open. You winced as it banged against the floorboards, but luckily, no one was around to hear. You cautiously stepped out, your bare feet scrapping painfully on the old wooden floors. You felt almost blinded as sunlight pierced into you.

It seemed you had been in the basement of an abandoned house. Some of the walls were missing, and broken furniture and toys littered the floor. You had no idea where you were, but you had to run. If Connor returned and found you out here, you weren't sure what he would do to you.

You ran through the trees, away from your cage. Your feet ached, and you were sure they were bleeding with callouses, but you didn't care. Every time you moved, your body recoiled from the pain, but you tried to ignore it. You hadn't used your body in such a long time, but you had to use it now if you wanted to survive.

Eventually, the trees turned to cement as you reached a city. You traveled up the alleyways, night beginning to fall as the sounds of the city made your head pound. You didn't stop running until you felt sure that Connor would never find you.

You had no idea where you were. You were so lost and confused, your mind destroyed from your time being a captive.

Ahead of you, you could see a bar where only humans were permitted. Hesitantly, you walked towards it and pushed open the door.

The bar was relatively quiet, but as you walked in, all faces turned to look at you. You stumbled on your bleeding feet towards the counter, barely taking in your surroundings. Before you could say a word however, a voice interrupted you.