Fighting for a Reason (Yandere!Connor x Reader)

It had always been your dream to work as a police officer. And now you were finally here. You managed to score a job at the Detroit City Police Department as an officer in training. You knew you still had a lot of work ahead of you, but the thought that you would be working towards your dream made you excited.

You walked inside the station where you soon became acquainted with Captain Jeffrey Fowler, your new boss and manager. He informed you that you would be working with an investigator and detective working at the station, named Gavin Reed. 

You had heard of Detective Reed from newspaper articles and through conversation about the department, but you had never actually met the man. The articles and gossip portrayed him as some kind of local hero and so working with him was something you couldn't possibly imagine or even dream of. Even though the rumors portrayed him as this however, you felt your heart sink the moment you were introduced. You looked at a man late into his 30s, who had a faint smell of cigarettes. He looked you over with his eyes, and it made you feel a little unsettled. It was his over the top smile that made you feel the most uncomfortable however.

"Detective Reed. This is [F/N], [L/N]. She will be your assistant from now on. You will help her become familiar with detective work and guide her in her training." You forced a smile and nodded your head at the man.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Detective Reed."

"The pleasure's all mine..." He replied softly. "Thank you Captain Fowler. I'll be sure to train her to the best of my abilities..."

"Excellent. Keep up the good work." The Captain left, and you stood alone in the uncomfortable silence. 

Detective Reed proceeded to show you some of the recent cases, and reports you would need to write. You followed along as best as you possibly could, all while trying to maintain as much distance as you could from the man. You are interrupted from your work when you hear voices.

"For fucks sake Connor, I told you not to pursue them. You could've gotten yourself killed out there."

"I already told you Lieutenant, I couldn't just let those Deviants get away."

"Well they did, didn't they?"

Detective Reed stands up from his desk, moving over to them.

"Well look who it is. Our friend the plastic detective is back in town! Tell me... did you manage to capture the Deviant this time?"

The android and the other investigator glared at Reed.

"Fuck off Gavin." The older investigator says. They are just leaving, when the android notices you. You move in front of Reed slightly. 

"Hello... my name is [F/N] [L/N]." You say to the investigator. "I'm in training to become a detective." 

"Someone who isn't an android taking on a job." He looks over at the android while he says it. "That's a first in a long while." The senior investigator shakes your hand. The android moves over to greet you.

"My name is Connor. I'm a police android, sent from Cyberlife." You shake his hand also. You smile.

"It's nice to meet you Connor." You feel a hand clamp onto your shoulder.

"Enough with the family reunion. I need to speak with my new assistant." You tried not to cringe. The other investigator began to walk away, Connor following him slowly, his head turned back towards you. Once they were our of ear shot, Detective Reed continued. "I'm hungry. Go to the kitchen and make me a sandwich."

"I don't think that's supposed to be a part of my training Detective..." You mumble in response.

"You're my assistant now. And you're a woman. So go and make me a bloody sandwich."