Creating a Masterpiece (Markus x Reader)

"Please, I don't mean any harm to any of you!!" You shouted, feeling their arms dragging you inside the giant freighter. The inside was dark, cold and musty, and raindrops seeped through the cracks. Their human-like fingers grabbed at your clothes, your hair, your skin. You pleaded your honesty to them, but none of them would listen or even seemed to want to believe you. Why would they? You were human after all. You knew they were talking amongst each other in their minds, and finally you gave up protesting, accepting your fate. You were led into a room filled with androids, and they raised upon your entrance. But instead, you were dragged to a quiet room, with only a solitary android wearing a long coat inside it, his back facing you.

"Markus, what should we do with her?"

You felt your heart skip a beat. Was it really him? He turned, and your eyes locked, his filled with recognition. The androids stayed, their arms on your shoulders, waiting for a response.

"Spare the girl. I'll decide what becomes of her."

---

5 Years Previously

"[F/N], may I please have your autograph?!"

"Yes, of course." You smiled in response, quickly signing the drawing they held out to you. All your dreams were coming true. After the many years of practise you had dedicated to your paintings, you had the opportunity to have them featured in an exhibition, and not just any exhibition, one reserved for the most renowned and talented artists. For the first time you felt proud of your efforts. You had always been a little self-conscious about your paintings, as they depicted the most darkest parts of your heart. Painting was like writing a diary for you, except instead of writing about your life in words, you showed them through the canvas. Yet you never would have considered showing these paintings to anyone, if it weren't for the encouragement of Carl Manfred. 

You had known Carl Manfred from a young age. At a time when you were lucky enough to win a small art award, he noticed you, and slowly he became your mentor. Not only was the man talented, but he was also kind and encouraging, and you know that if it weren't for him, you wouldn't have had the motivation to continue practising your work. For this particular exhibition however, you knew you would be alone. You hadn't heard from Carl Manfred in several years, and you had heard rumours that he had been in a severe accident. Over time you had lost contact with him, and you had secretly hoped that by attending this exhibition, he may find you and be able to see what you accomplished thanks to him, no matter where he may be.

You truly did wish he could be here to see you. You wanted to thank him personally for all he did to support your artwork. You were lost in these thoughts, when you suddenly heard voices. 

"Is that Manfred? The Carl Manfred?"

"What's he doing here? I thought he was in an accident..."

You looked up to see a man in a wheelchair being pushed towards you by an android. In the chair sat the very man who had taught you everything you knew about the arts. Your mentor, Carl Manfred. Without thinking, you ran over to hug him, and he returned the hug.

"[F/N], it's been too long."

You exclaimed how much you had missed the old man, and you had heard rumours of him being in an accident. You told him how you practised everyday, but you didn't spend a day without missing him. After you noticed that people were staring, you both moved to a more quieter area, where you could talk with him about all the years you hadn't seen each other.

"[F/N], I would like you to meet someone. This is Markus." Carl Manfred gestured to the android beside him. Markus stepped forward to shake your hand. You smiled brightly at him, your eyes meeting. It was that moment that changed the course of your life forever.