Waking Nightmare (Yandere!Connor x Reader) 'Fighting For a Reason P.2'

Author Note: So as you guys probably know, I've been struggling a lot with my writers block. I've tried to write regular one shots, but for some reason I keep going on tangents that don't really relate to the story?? I don't know why, I just seem to be struggling with the words. So today I'm just writing a short yandere one shot to try and get back into the flow. :) I hope you will enjoy!

[This is Part 2 to 'Fighting For a Reason']

WARNING: Scary themes, and a crazy yandere Connor

---

332... 333... 334... 335...

You counted each droplet of water you heard drip from somewhere on the ceiling and land onto the dank cement floor.

It was all you had to distract you from your current misery.

How could everything have gone so wrong?

You had all your dreams ahead of you. It was all so clearly paved out. You could have continued your training, become a great officer. You imagined all the crime you could've stop, all the people you could have saved. All your training and effort was for nothing now.

When you met Connor, you never could have imagined how he would change your life.

You didn't know how long you had been trapped in this place. Maybe it had been years; or perhaps it had only been a week. You tried counting, as a way to not only calm your mind but also in the hopes of counting the time. However, you kept loosing your place making the activity pointless.

As you sat in the darkness, your arms bound somewhere behind you, you only had one desire: to escape.

However... it certainly wouldn't be easy.

You always knew when he was coming. You could hear the scrape of a door sliding open, see his face illuminated by his LED.

"I'm back [F/N]..." He would say, moving close to you, and you would squint as a light was shone into your face.

Normally Connor would not stay for long. He would bring you food, a change of clothing, sometimes extra blankets to keep you warm in the basement.

You tried to ask him about the outside world, and what was going to happen to you, but he always managed to dodge your questions.

One time, he caught you crying as you sat alone in the darkness. You felt him pull you into his arms, and stroke your hair.

"Do you not like this place [F/N]?"

"No..." You gasped as your body racked with sobs, "I want to leave... please Connor. I want to see the outside world, the sun..."

You heard Connor sigh as he leaned back to study your face.

"I know this place doesn't suit you... but it won't be too long now darling..." He smiled slightly as he traced your features with his finger. "Soon you will have a place that you can call your own..." Then he pulled you tighter into his arms.

"The police are still out there, searching for you. They are infuriatingly persistent, but I assure you, they won't find you." You continued to sob, unable to move away from Connor, but at the same time, strangely not wanting to.

"I will do whatever it takes to keep you safe... you know that, right?" Connor asked you, and you felt a chill down your spine. He said that to you often, and it left you wondering if he was saying it to reassure you; or reassure himself that his actions were morally right. You didn't reply, and he squeezed you tighter. "I'm only doing this because I love you. I know it's difficult, but you'll just have to bare with it for now." You shook in his arms with your tears, and he wiped them away.