Chapter 5

Trey

I woke up to banging on the front door. "Who the fuck is at my door and where is Brielle?" I thought. I open the door to my manager Kevin "You don't know how to pick up the phone, man?" He said. "My bad Kev my phone died last night, I forgot to put it on charge." "Well what if I forgot to manage you? You wouldn't like that. You have an interview in an hour, go throw something on now!" He said pissed. I went and got dressed. "He ain't gonna ruin my mood" I thought. I walk into the studio and sit down. "Lets get this started." Said Christina, the interviewer. "Good morning Mr. Neverson, how are you?" "I'm great!" "Now how are you and the lucky Ms. Brielle?" "We're wonderful actually, thank you for asking." "Tell us a bit about your guys relationship...Anybody trying to break you guys up?" I laughed. "Um anybody tryna break us up, of course there's a lot of people but it doesn't work. She's a beautiful, intelligent, very funny woman. She's the love of my life and I plan to spend the rest of my life with her....sorry ladies." Christina laughed. "I saw the headlines and I just gotta ask how about you and Lauren London?" "What about us? We were whatever we were, its over done with...and I'm happy because of that." "So your saying when she was at your mothers house you didn't want anything to do with her?" "To set the record straight, she was at my mothers house to get things she left there. I didn't and still don't want nothing to do with her.. that chapter in my life is over" "Okay okay, so do you plan on marrying Brielle?" "As a matter of fact...we're newly engaged." Christina shocked said "Since when?" "Last night actually, I proposed to her." I smiled. "Congratulations, Mr. Neverson." I smiled and said thank you. Before she could ask me another question my manager Kevin came in grabbed me and said "Trey you need to get to Central hospital now, Brielle's been in a car accident." "Kev stop playing with me!" I screamed. "Trey I'm not lets go i'll drive." Kev drove as fast as he could. "Excuse me, excuse me miss. Do you know what room Brielle Nicole is in?" "Yes she was just brought in, you're gonna have to wait shes in surgery right now." All I could do was walk back and forth. All I could do was cry "What if she doesn't make it? What if she wakes up and doesn't remember me?" I thought. I tried to call her parents they're away on business and won't be back for another week. My mumma and Forest came running in "Trey, how is she?" They said. Before I could answer the doctor came out to the waiting room. "Mr. Neverson, Brielle's in stable condition. She was in a car accident, and a piece of the windshield glass went through her leg, she had to get thirty stitches. She needs to stay off her feet for at least 6 weeks, she'll need crutches but i'm pretty sure you'll do everything for her. She should make a full recovery. Shes not awake yet, but if you'd like you can go in and wait for her...one person at a time though. We don't want to frighten her." I walked into her room, and instantly teared up. I felt so bad to see her hooked up on all those machines and see all those cuts on her face. "Baby, if you can hear me I will do everything for you. When we get home I will make all your favorite foods, and watch all your favorite movies. You won't have to move a finger." I said. "Now if your talking like that i'm never gonna want to get better." Brielle smiled at me. I hugged her as tight as I could forgetting about how sore she could be. "Ow!" she said. "Shoot I forgot." "I was going to come home to show you all the wedding ideas I have. It was raining really bad I couldn't see where I was going and next thing I know I'm here. Please tell me I didn't hurt anyone." She cried. "Ell you didn't hurt anyone, you hit a tree." "What about the car? I'm sorry I know that was your favorite car." "Ay, don't worry about the car you're more important. Besides there's hundreds of cars out there, and only one of you." I smiled and kissed her forehead. "Now get some sleep. I'm gonna go home and grab you some comfortable clothes, and bring you some real food." "Please come back before I wake up, I don't want to wake up without you here." She said. I kissed her and said "I'll be back before you know it." I walked out to the waiting room "Mumma." I said crying. "Baby, why are you crying? Ellie's alright, isn't she?" She wiped the tears from my eyes. "Yeah shes fine, but I never seen her in so much pain. I wish I could take it all from her and put it all on me." "Tremaine, we all feel like that...shes apart of this family and she always will be, She'll be fine baby now go home and get some rest." I walked in the front door, it felt really weird to lay in my bed without Brielle. I couldn't sleep all night, all I could do is toss and turn. I went to the hospital at 8 in the morning, with a bag of her favorite clothes, and her favorite foods. The nurse got another bed so I could stay with Brielle until she could be released.