Chapter 9

Brielle

(6 weeks later)

"Finally, it felt like forever since i've had that cast on." I said walking to the car. "Babe it went by fast, you trippin." Trey laughed opening the passenger door for me. "So today we can finally start with the wedding plans. We have to book a church before anything, I was thinking the big beautiful one right there on 8th and Veness. Where Dante got baptized." "Babe, we haven't set a date I know you've always wanted a winter wedding. What day you think would be good?" Trey asked. "I was thinking December 18th, since it wouldn't be good to do it on Christmas. What do you think? "How about December 30th? Couple days after Christmas and we can celebrate our honeymoon throughout the new year?" I thought about it for a couple minutes. "Sounds like a perfect idea baby." I kissed his cheek before getting out of the car. We walked into the church, it was everything I've always imagined. Beautiful paintings covered the walls, a big chandelier in the center, it was also very big. Father Derek approached us. "Tremaine? Brielle? Nice to see you guys, I haven't seen yous since your nephew was baptized here."  He said with the brightest smile. "It really has been that long?" I said shockingly. "Well, we wanted to see if we could possibly get married here?" "You don't even have to ask." He said walking us through the church. "What day?" "December 30th." I replied enthusiastically. "You got a deal, all you have to do is make the list of how many people and have your planner contact me." I couldn't hold in my excitement. "Me, April, and my mother will be doing most of the planning. I will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you father." I almost screamed, that's how excited I was. As soon as we left the church I jumped into Trey's arms. "Woah, calm down baby you don't want to re-injure your leg." Trey said squeezing me as hard as he could. "We have to tell everyone. I have to go find my dress, I have so much to handle in such a short time." I said catching my breath. "Babe calm down, everything will be fine. We don't have to rush everything, I'm just as excited as you are, but don't rush everything you'll end up more stressed than anything." Trey said cupping my face and kissing my nose. I love that he always snaps me back into reality. "Well I'm gonna call and see if my mom and your mom are busy so we can go looking for dresses. I have an appointment at 12 today." "Girl you don't waste no time." Trey said shaking his head and laughing at me. "I'm gonna drop you off at the house, and meet up with Nik, your dad, and my brothers to get fitted for our tuxedos, then tomorow we will go looking for a new car for both of us." "And you said I don't waste no time." I said getting out of the car to go in the house and get the rest of the day started. 

          "Let me call Cass." I thought. Before I could tell her about my appointment she said she was coming down my street. "Bitch you look glowing." She said hugging me. "Glowing? Might be the new make up I been using, or the fact we set a date and the church today." "Wait, what? When? Where?" "December 30th, and that beautiful church on 8th and Veness. Today we're gonna go look for dresses, me, you, my mom, and April." "Your mom? Shes in town? Olivia? Not in Greece? Damn....Girl lets go." She said walking out the door grabbing her purse. "They're gonna meet us there but before we go, go through Dunkin Donuts drive through I been craving a bagel all week." I said changing the station. We get to the bridal shop and my mother and April's already there with dresses already picked out. "Yous don't waste no time, do y'all?" I said kissing them both on the cheek. "Hi, my names Tiffany, I'm going to be helping you today. Is there any particular style you have in mind? "I really like ball gown, since i'm going to be getting married in the winter. Also a sweetheart neckline. Also nothing too flashy." I said showing her pictures of ideas in my phone. "Alrighty then, lets get started." I tried on the first dress, nobody liked it, it just wasn't me. The second dress April picked out, I liked it but it just wasn't enough. The third dress everyone loved, except me.  The next couple dresses were just a mess. I thought I lost all hope until I heard my mom say, "Ell, you are really picky. But I think we found something you'd really love." She handed me this beautiful ball gown, it had everything I wanted and more, I tried it on and instantly started to tear up. "Yup, bill please." April called out, tearing up. "Yes Ell, that dress is all you." My mom and Cass started bursting in tears. "I never thought, i'd be one of those girls to cry over a dress. But here I am. Tremaine is going to love it. I can't hardly wait now." I hugged all three of them. "I wish you were getting married tomorrow, I'm so happy for you mama." Cassie said smiling. "Now all I have to do is hide the dress from Tremaine, you know him and his surprises. He can't wait for not a damn thing." I said looking at April. "He is my son, thats for sure." She laughed. "I have an idea, you can keep the dress at my place, Trey never comes to my place." Cass said. "Plus you know I'd kill someone if they ruined your dress." She winked. 

Trey

"Man if this dude don't hurry his dumb ass up." I said to Nik about Forrest. "That man is always late for everything, tell me how this dude invited me to play ball and this nigga had the nerve to show up 45 minutes late, like I ain't have shit else to do." "Nik shut ya retarded ass up, I told you I was stuck in traffic." Forrest came walking in all cocky. "All of you act like girls, be quiet before I have to shut you all up. Antonios said. "Tremaine Neverson? My names Mike, i'll be here to help you today. Do you want traditional black and white?" "Yes, all of them. They all need a tradtional black tie as well, except me I need a burgundy one, with black tux with black shirt." "Okay, not a problem. We'll just get all of your measurements and everything will be taken care of." "Thank you, very much." I said shaking his hand." After the fitting we all decided to go out and get something to eat, then play some ball. "You better take good care of my daughter Tremaine, I am trusting you with one of the most valuable things in my life." Antonios said shaking my hand. "Don't worry Tone, you've known me for years, I will do nothing to ruin this. I promise you that one." "Great answer T." Nik patted my back.