10

Breath sucked in and out, slowly, heavily. It could have been rhythmic had it not been for the occasional pain that made the steady breathing hitch every now and then. Damp hair hung on his forehead, dripping every now and then onto the stone floor beneath him. Both arms were numb, having lost the blood flow from being up over his head for so long.

Each shoulder had ached painfully, but even that was dulling. The power circle that had been glowing underneath his kneeling form was long since void of any power. The Families had left the room some time ago, probably when Ty had lost consciousness. Raising his head, he rested it against his arm, the lids of his eyes drooping down in weariness.

"Drezair..."

"Here. Are you alright?"

He grinned slightly and coughed, his mouth was dry along with his throat, "Never better. What about you?"

"The same. Seems the wall held, just barely though. I don't know if I can do it a second time."

"Let's hope you don't have to."

"I doubt that will be the case, Ty."

"We can always hope," he sighed. Ty let out a groan as he rolled his head forward, eyebrows knitting together in discomfort. The position was most annoying, to top it off the onrush of magic that had been poured into him made it even more painful than it should have been.

Releasing a sigh, he glanced up at the door that remained closed. The darkness was growing thicker, or at least it seemed like it was anyway. As he knelt there, sounds began to fill the hall outside. He grimaced, they were coming back. Footsteps echoed in the dungeon and soon after the iron door to the cell scrapped back allowing entrance to five black figures.

Ty shifted, resuming his arrogant stature. Grinning at them he watched as they circled around him just like they had done earlier. Cahastile stepped forth again, glowering down at him. Tilting his head off to the side, his black hair fell over one eye as he looked up at the man.

"You look irritated, what's the matter old man?"

Cahastile frowned, "The demon possessing you is hiding very well."

"Oh-ho, so now its possession and not full fledge demon hu? When did you change your mind on that?"

"I always knew."

Ty hummed lightly as he regarded the man, "So what's the big deal then? If you know it's not full fledge demon, why try to kill me?"

The man knelt down in front of the human and put his fingers under his chin, "You're too dangerous. A danger to Lucas as well as us. A little too smart for your own good."

"My, my. Thanks for the compliment. I pride myself on my knowledge," Ty grinned.

The fingers tightened around his jaw and Cahastile's other hand punched him straight in the stomach, just under the ribcage. The force of the blow knocked the air from him and he winced as he tried to regain the ability to breathe.

"So-" Ty's voice cracked as he spoke, "How am I 'too dangerous'?"

"Nothing good ever comes from harboring a demon."

"What the hell does that mean?"

"It means exactly what you think it does. Demon's are evil, they don't just help someone out of the goodness of their hearts. They have no heart. They are wicked and will do whatever it takes to get what they want. Vampires and demon's do not mix."

"Well, I'm not a demon. My blood is still human."

"You may still be human, but that demon inside you isn't going to let you stay that way for long. The sooner I get rid of you, the better for Lucas."

"Oh, so now you're worried about your son. I seem to recall seeing you trying to kill him earlier," Ty snapped, lurching forward at the man.

"I wasn't trying to kill him, fool. If I wanted that," Cahastile leaned forward right next to his ear, "I would have done so a long time ago."

Ty's heart skipped a beat, but he didn't let the discomfort show on his face. Essentially, Cahastile was telling him that he could kill Lucas anytime he wanted. Well, someone's not getting father of the year... he thought bitterly. He grinned again as the man pulled away from him.

"Want to know something else?"

The Vampire raised an eyebrow as he stared at him. Ty tilted his head upwards, giving off his most charming, mischievous smile ever. As Cahastile stood, the human caught a glimpse of several rings on the man's hand, including an earring in his ear and a necklace. The similarities between them all were too coincidental.

"I know you all use more than one grimoire," his voice was cold and smooth as he spoke, "I wonder why that is? Isn't it... a bad thing for a Vampire? Doesn't that make you a, Stalker? Kind of contradicting don't you think? Forcing your people to think that they would turn into something else if they gathered more than just one. You've got the whole world believing it."

Cahastile snatched is hand out and gripped Ty's throat tightly. He raised him up off the ground until his feet just barely scrapped the floor, "They'll continue to believe that, so long as we're in power."

"We'll... see about... that," Ty choked out.

"Cahastile, we have a problem," a feminine voice called from the hall.

"What?"

"Seems that we're being attacked."

The Vampire growled and released the human. Ty hit the ground on his knees, coughing. Lucas' father glowered at the people in the room before he moved swiftly towards the door. Turning, he motioned his hand to them and then at Ty, "Remove this... thing from the realm of the living."