10. Wedding Plans

"Who would we even invite?" Crowley asked over breakfast. Aziraphale was already exuberant at the idea of getting to plan a wedding.

"Well, we can invite the Youngs. Adam was such a sweet boy."

Crowley rolled his eyes. "Great. So so far our wedding will be attended by the ex-antichrist and his mortal parents. Who else?"

"Well, he's got those three friends of his. Very sweet, brave children. And there's Anathema Device and that Newton Pulsifer."

"So pretty much all the misfits that helped us stop the apocalypse."

"Of course, Witchfinder Shadwell and Madame Tracy," Aziraphale said. "You can't share a body with someone without inviting them to your wedding. It's just plain rude. What about you? Any friends you'd like to invite along?"

"I never really made any friends other than you. I suppose I spoke with Beezlebub and Hastur a little more than the others but—"

"Done! They're invited."

"You can't just invite two demons to our wedding!"

"You're a demon. I'm sure they're quite lovely."

Crowley gave him a pointed look. "Fine, then you're inviting archangel fucking Gabriel so I can rub this in his face."

"I was thinking of inviting him, as a formality of course."

Crowley grinned devilishly. "Oh, come on. You want to see the look on his face, too, don't you?"

"Maybe a little," Aziraphale admitted. "Is there anybody else you can think of?"

"Not at the moment. Let's keep it small, shall we?"
"That does seem best? Where, though? I suppose there's here ... the park ... the bandstand ..." Crowley interrupted him.

"It should be in the park, right by our bench, near sundown, and the reception will be at night, with those glowing lantern thingies strung between the trees. We'll have the wedding on one side of the park, and then walk across the bridge to a dinner and reception where there will be dancing and there will be Queen, but some Vilvaldi and Bach too, and of course, the Gavotte because you like that one so much. There absolutely has to be an apple tree there, and we will eat all the apples off it we want. There will be lilacs on the bridge, with twinkle lights, and we'll serve all of your favorite foods, and fondue. Our first dance can be to Somebody To Love. I don't have a father figure to walk me down the aisle, but I can drive up in my Bentley, and that's close enough. It gets a little tricky when choosing who to be my best man, but I knew a couple demons who weren't half bad back in the day—" He hadn't realized he was rambling until he saw the look on his angel's face. He was blushing and giving the purest smile.

"How long have you been thinking about this?"

Crowley blushed. "Probably since you gave away that flaming sword of yours. It's not like I've been consciously doing it ... I just think up little details once in a while."

Aziraphale raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Well, everything you said sounds wonderful, so I'll jot it all down. Who should cater?"

"I'm sure we could get a team from the Ritz. They do love us so much there."

"And if we want to do this proper, someone needs to marry us."

"Anathema's ordained," Crowley said.

"And you would know that because ...?"

Crowley sighed and rolled his eyes. "I asked her, just in case anything were to happen."

Aziraphale laughed. "Okay, so best men?"

"I suppose I do have one friend I could ask."

"Okay, you do that. I'll have to think long and hard about this one. What else do we need to figure out?"

"Menu, but we can figure that out once we get the caterers." Crowley smiled. "And one more thing, I want to do it wings out. No more hiding.