A Different Type of Present Part 2

David got up the next morning and immediately went to check on Max.

"Max? Are you okay?"

Max hadn't got much sleep last night, he couldn't stop thinking about that letter and didn't come out of his tent in the morning.

"Go away David."

"But I just want to help.."

"Fine, come in."

David went inside and saw Max sitting in the corner, his knees pressed up against his head.

"Max, I know it is rough and you are very sad at the moment but-"

"That's the problem!"

David got extremely confused by his comment.

"What?"

"I'm not sad! If anybody else's parents died they would be DEVISTATED but I'm not! I'm not happy, but I'm not sad! And I don't know what's wrong with me and- and-"

"It's okay Max, it's okay."

"How is this okay David?! HOW?! After camp I need to move back to India to get adopted by some strangers who I don't even know!"

"Max.. I could adopt you.. if you want.."

Max just stood there in shock. He wasn't expecting David to say that!

"I.. I-"

David placed a hand on his shoulder. "It's okay, you don't need to answer now."

He got up and was about to exit the tent, but before he could he heard a voice.

"David?" He turned around to see the small boy in blue standing there looking up at him with a tear in his eye. "I would like that."

David hugged him and they both went to do the first activity. Rock climbing.

"David?"

"Hmm?"

"If you tell anyone that I agreed to this, you're dead"

He simply nodded and went on his way to the crowd of 10-something year olds

"Okay campers! Today we are doing rock climbing!" David cheered with a grin "Everybody get a buddy!"

Nikki and Neil ran over to Max as soon as they saw him

"Max are you okay?" Neil Questioned

"Yeah, you've been acting weird. since yesterday." Nikki commented.

"My uhh.. my parents umm.. they died."

"Oh no! That's terrible!"

"I feel so bad for you!"

"No, guys it's fine really." Max reassured them

"Has Everybody got their Buddies?"

"I'll be with Max!"
"I'll be with Neil!"
They both said in unison