~Part 1~

-Malia's P.O.V-

The sweet chirps from the birds outside made me open my eyes. I squint as I look out my window.
-Another day... I wonder if I will survive- I quietly walk over to my mirror, I stare at myself for a minute and notice that my eyes are still puffy and red from crying yesterday. I let out a sigh and went to change out of my pajamas. I picked out a shirt that had a few holes in it, but I didn't care. I also picked out some black sweatpants.

After I put my pants on my mother barged in to my room. The smell of alcohol stung my nose.
-Is she really drunk at 8:00 in the morning?-

"HEYY!!" My mother yelled.

"y-yes mother." I whimpered

"Go clean the house! I'm going to the liquor store. If the house is not spotless by the time I get home you will be in BIG trouble." My mother said.

"y-yes mother right away." I whispered.

And with that she stumbled out of my room. I took a deep breath and was thankful I did nothing to upset her. Once I heard her leave I went downstairs and started in the kitchen. As I was washing the dishes I wondered what it would be like to be normal. I wondered what it would be like to go to school, have friends, and to feel loved. I quickly snapped out of my daydream and continued on the rest of the house. I frantically checked every spot to make sure it was clean. I did not want another beating.

Suddenly, I heard the door. Horror filled my face because I had not finished cleaning my mother's room yet. I panicked and ran to my room I knew what was coming next I was petrified. It was quiet then I heard a loud noise.

"MALIA!!!!!!"
"WHERE THE FUCK ARE YOU!"

I heard my mother's anger in her voice. I was too afraid to respond, I stayed silent. Then I saw a big crash and it was my mother she had broken my door down.

"MALIA come here you little rat" My mother barked.

I slowly walk out of the closet I was in. And very swiftly she grabbed me by my hair and dragged me to her room. I screamed in pain as tears fell down my face.

"Are you that stupid? Why did you not clean my room!!" My mom yelled.

"s-sorry mother I was about to, but you came home." I said in pain.

"EXCUSES you are such a worthless girl! You can't do anything right!!" She yelled.

"I'm so sorry mother please don't hurt me" I cried

She ignored me and threw me to the wall and continued to beat me. After she was done she dragged me back to my room and closed the door.

I lay there lifeless and can't help but sob my eyes out. What did I do to deserve this?! I don't know how long I've been in this position, but I slowly drifted to sleep.

Hello, I hope you are enjoying this story so far. I'm kind of new to this writing thing so sorry if there are things wrong. Bye for now!