𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

Start from the beginning

mingi was somewhere near her, the blue haired man was pulling him and trying to get him into the water. cute soojin thought.

she slowly made her way towards the sea, waiting for the water to wash up on shore and touch her toes. the cold water finally comes and covered her feet whole, washing the grains of sand off.

she just stood there staring at the horizon, the vast sea shining like crystals as the bright sun hits it.

she was far away from home but she was happy in this moment.

"you look happy" seonghwa was standing beside her, his feet bare like her's.

soojin nodded, a big smile was on her face "i am! it's my first time going to a beach"

the navigator raised a brow "really?" the princess nodded.

"you could stay with us princess and visit all the beaches we stop at" seonghwa said grabbing the princess's attention.

soojin only smiled "thank you for the offer seonghwa but i must go back"

"why?"

"i have duties to uphold. as much as i want to be free.. i cant" the navigator nodded "plus i have my family waiting for me back at zeeta, i already miss my brother" soobin's face popped in her mind which caused her to smile.

"well.. you'll be home soon princess" the navigator patted her back whilst the latter smiled wider.

the four stayed there until wooyoung came after an hour "we're leaving for golbi, hongjoong said to come back to the ship" wooyoung was avoiding eye contact with the outsiders, his eyes occasionally wondering towards mingi but not soojin.

yunho and seonghwa were each set beside the gunner as they walked back, yunho towering over the black haired.

mingi and soojin were walking closely behind the three, quietly observing the trio in front of them.

seonghwa placed his arms over the gunner, laughing at something the quartermaster said as wooyoung laughed along.

soojin was intrigued by him, how could he be the same person from earlier? his cold persona was gone as soon as he was surrounded by his fellow pirates.

as wooyoung was laughing, his head suddenly turned and quickly made eye contact with the princess. he tensed up and his smile was gone almost immediately as he turned to look straight ahead. seonghwa noticed.

a few minutes later they arrived at the ship. hongjoong was already shouting orders as the crew followed them obediently.

yunho, seonghwa and wooyoung immediately went to their positions as the crew pulled out the anchor.

"get ready to set sail to golbi!" the captain shouted as the sails went down and the wind blew into them.

treasure started moving as the two zeeta occupants could only stare, feeling unneeded as the crew worked in harmony.

when the ship was already stably sailing, the work started to die down and the crew went to tend their own business or back to their rooms.

soojin went to the railings of the ship as mingi was stolen by the quartermaster.

those two are getting close.

she stared into the open sea when yeosang, jongho and soobin started to pop into her mind.

they must be worried.

soojin placed her chin into her palms as she lazily stared into the horizon, letting her thoughts flood her mind.

the sun was already going down, various colors were blending together as the sea shined prettily. she could never get a view like this back at the palace.

"a penny for your thoughts"

soojin turned to see the captain, his hands stuffed on his jacket's pockets and his mullet flowing with the breeze.

her eyes turned towards the wheel and saw that yunho was behind it, mingi laughing beside him.

"the sky looks pretty" she murmured. the captain took his place beside soojin and stared into the sea.

hongjoong nodded "even though i see this everyday, i could never get tired of this view"

the princess understood. with a beautiful view like this, who would get tired of it.

"arent you going back up there" she points upwards and hongjoong followed.

yunho and mingi were playfully hitting eachother, laughing and getting silly.

the captain shook his head "no. im tired" he chuckled, watching the two "and i think i trust yunho enough to not sink the ship"

soojin watched as well, a soft smile playing on her lips "i've never seen mingi that happy before"

"who wouldn't be happy if they're free" soojin turned to the captain. he was right.

"is yunho gay?" soojin suddenly asked.

the captain shrugged "as long as he's happy, it doesn't really matter"

─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───

soojin forced her eyes opened when she heard the captain shouting that they've arrived at golbi early in the morning.

the princess tried to open her eyes but muttered to herself that she'll sleep for a little more.

"princess" mingi shook her shoulders "soojin wake up"

soojin grunted as she opened her eyes "mingi. what time is it?"

"it's already mid-day" the guard answered "hongjoong said they've already picked-up their crew. they're leaving before sundown"

soojin sat up and rubbed her eyes "you should eat before we head out" the princess nodded.

mingi accompanied the princess towards the kitchen and watched her as she ate some fruits "mingi"

the other hummed "yes?"

soojin fidgeted with her fingers as she spoke, picking at her nails "you know.. you could just stay here"

the palace guard stared at her, his small eyes becoming wide "i cant princess"

soojin softly smiled "i can see you're happy here, with that tall blue haired guy" mingi blushed.

silence covered the two as the palace guard nodded slowly "i am. but i have my responsibilities princess and that is to protect you.. i'll manage soojin, so dont worry about it" even as mingi smiled, it was a sad one.

after she had eaten, the captain had requested for them to see him on the deck as everyone in the crew was going to bid them farewell.

"hey" hongjoong greeted as the two reached them, the quartermaster beside him "i've gathered the crew" he pointed to everyone who was standing on the deck. the crew bowed towards them.

soojin scanned her eyes, stopping at one that stood out from everyone.

she stared at him. the two making eye contact, each sharing a deep longing.

she felt her eyes watering, her heart falling down to the pit of her stomach.

mingi watched her— confused at the princess's reaction, then looked towards the spot she was staring at.

mingi's heart ached as he stared, his mouth hanging low as he became speechless.

the palace guard forced himself to speak still feeling that everything was only an illusion.

"p-prince san?"

you're welcome