- ch. 08

Tatum (present)

"Thumbelina, do you copy? I've got eyes on the prize. It's go-time." Tony speaks into the earpiece checking in on Scott, "Bombs away." Scott replies while sliding down to Tonys' Arc Reactor. "-Is... is that Axe body spray?" Scott asks and I hold in a laugh of a grown man wearing Axe body spray. "Really, Tony? Are you suddenly a middle school boy?" I fake in disbelief. Tony scoffs at me before continuing to talking to Scott. 

"Yeah, I had a can just for emergencies. Relax. Can we focus, please?" Tony says and I nod also hearing a hum of approvement from Scott.  After a few seconds of silence, Scott talks into the cons "I'm going inside you. Now." I start to laugh and Tony elbows me. "Don't laugh, it's my body we're talking about okay, kid." I nod looking away towards the group somewhat listening to the conversation. 

"May I ask you where you're going?" 2012 Alexander Price asks the group of Avengers. "May I ask you where you're going?" 2012 Thor asks clearly confused by he group who've just approached him. The man scoffs, "Alexander Pierce. He's the man, one of the folks behind Nick Fury." 2012 Tony tells Thor who only nods in response. " My friends call me Mr. Secretary. I'm gonna have to ask you to turn that prisoner over to me." Alexander motions towards Loki about to snag him from Thor's grasp. 

"Loki will be answering to Odin himself." Thor tells him moving Loki behind him with a grip on the handcuffs attached to Loki's wrists. "Oh, he's gonna answer to us. Odin can have what's left. And I'm gonna need that case, that's been SHIELD property for over 70 years." Alexander tells him pointing to the case 2012 Tony has in his hand. "Hand over the case, Stark." Some agent speaks up, trying to stick up for Alexander. 

"All right, move it, Stuart Little. Things are getting dicey up here. Let's go." I hear present Tony speak beside me causing me to snap back into the reason we're here for. "You promise me you won't die?" Scott asks slightly worried about his new friend.  "I mean, Scott, this is a genius you're talking to." I tell him trying to make him get this over with, I hear Scott mumble a "I mean, I guess." to my statement. "You're only giving me a mild cardiac dysrhythmia." Tony says to me now feeling worried for the past Tony. "That doesn't sound mild." Scott says to me humming to an agreement with Scott. "Okay, now you really sound stupid." I tell him worried on the next following events. 

2012 Tony and Alexander Price were getting into a small heated argument over the case so Present Tony called the shots, "Do it, Lang!" I cover my eyes with my hands hoping this goes to plan then peeping one eye through my fingers. "Get your hands off!" 2012 Tony yells to Price.

"Pull Tony's pin, Scott!" I yell into the cons. "Here goes!" Scott says and 2012 Tony drops the case, collapsing onto the floor. "MEDIC! You guys, some help!" Present Tony yells while me and him are both dressed like SHEILD agents. "Stark, you--- your chest machine?" Price says suddenly worried. I chuckle with the reason on how he said 'chest machine' Tony looks at me and I could feel his glare through his sunglasses. "Medic! Oh Medic! Tony Stark has gone down! Chest machine is down! I repeat is down!" Tony elbows me to stop while shaking his head. Scott pushes the case as Loki looks at case sliding across the floor towards Tony and I, then Tony grabs the case.

"Good job. Meet me in the alley. I'm gonna grab a quick slice." Tony says and I scoff as we speed walk off, "A slice of what? More action?" I tell him as he motions me towards the door but moving towards the wall to look some what less suspicious. Tony looks at me as to say some thing, but quickly cut off by him being fling towards the other side of the hallway letting go of the case not without kicking me out of the way. "No more stairs!" 2012 Hulk shouts being the one to come out of the stair doors. I jump up from the ground watching as the case slides back to the area we started, but stops right in front of Loki. I start to run towards the case, but get there to late with Loki turning to face me with a giant smirk on his face before he disappears. 

"Well, I guess Thor will be happy Loki is some how alive now." I mumble to myself shaking my head walking to Tony who's still on the floor trying to get up. "Come on, big guy, let's go outside." I say and offer Tony a hand. 

"Now that's America's ass." I suddenly hear Steve's voice through the ear piece, "Steve, please tell me there was a good reason for that?" I ask hearing the complete out of context phrase from Steve. He quickly gives me a run down of fighting his past self and embarrassingly told me about checking out his Ass. 

Steve walks out the building, but facing the opposite way, "The other way, man." I shout and he suddenly turns with the scepter in hand. "Cap," Tony starts off as Steve makes his way towards Scott, Tony, and I on a broke down car at the end of the alley. "Sorry, buddy. We got a problem." Tony tells Steve and he gets a disappointed frown. "Huh. Yeah, we do." Scott says making Steve to make him shake his head. "Oh don't make that face, America's Ass." I tell him. 

"Well, what are we gonna do now? - You know what, give me a break, Steve. I just got hit in the head with a Hulk." Tony states and I nod in agreement. "You said that we had one shot. This, this was our shot. We shot it. It's shot. Six stones or nothing. Six stones or nothing." Scott says and I shake my head at him as he repeats himself. "You're repeating yourself, you know that? You're repeating yourself." Tony says showing him that he's annoyed right now with the mission partly failed. "You're repeating yourself. You're repeating yourself. - No! - Come on. You never wanted a time heist, you went on board with the time heist..." Scott says trying to get the last word me and Steve sharing a look of annoyance of the both of them. 

"I dropped the ball." Tony says with partial blame of the whole thing as if he knew the Hulk was going to run out the stairs. "You ruined the time heist." Scott says and they go back and fourth. "Oh my goodness, at this rate y'all are both ruining the time heist." I tell them clearly agitated. "Are there any other options with the Tesseract?" Steve asks changing the subject. "No, no, no. There's no other options. There's no do-overs. We're not going anywhere else. We have one particle left. Each. That's it, alright? We use that... Bye, bye. You're not going home." Scott says and I sigh deeply. "To think Hope really got back-" I get cut off by Steve. "Yeah, well if we don't try, then no one else is going home, either." 

I try to remember other times SHEILD or during the development of SHEILD had the Tesseract through out time. I slide of the car as I quickly remember "I got it. There's another way. To retake the Tesseract and acquire new particles. We'll stroll down memory lane. Military installation, Garden State. Well more of a memory for you guys." I tell them and they soon realize what I'm talking about. "When were they both there?" Steve asks Tony quickly answers, "They were there at a...I've a vaguely exact idea." 

"How vague?" Steve asks once again looking from Tony to me. "What are you talking about? Where are we going?" Scott suddenly asks confused on the whole exchange. "I know for a fact they were there..." I say as we all smile knowing we have another shot. "Who's they? What are we doing?" Scott asks for answers but we continue to ignore him. 

"And I know how she and I know." Tony says motioning back and fourth to me and him telling Steve. "Guys, what's up? What is it?" Scott says and Tony finally gives him a little something to really not help on what's going on. 

"Well, it looks like we're improvising." 

------------------------------

Hey guys !! Sorry for not updating within the last two weeks. But I need help for the next chapter. 

1. Do you want Tatum to go back with Steve and Tony to 1970

or 

2. Just skip to the whole vanishing back to the compound and continuing the story from there.

So make sure to comment on one of the options above and I hoe after a few responses i'll write from there. Make sure to vote and or comment and i'll see you in the next chapter.

- destiny 

Don't be a silent reader.