- ch.07

Tatum

" Got it. I'm approaching the elevator now." Steve tells us as Tony, tiny Scott, and I hide behind a pillar. 

"If it's all the same to you... I'll have that drink now." 2012 Loki tells the Avengers who suround him as a sigh of him surrendering. "Did you ever give him a drink?" I whisper to Tony and him to continue staring at the scene happening in front of him "No, don't waste my clean cups on him." He says and Steve sigh from our tiny conversation. 

"All right. Good one. No standing around, I'm closing up this door for later." 2012 Tony tells 2012 Cap, "By the way, feel free to clean up." As they pass by each other. 

"Uh, Mr. Rogers. I almost forgot that that suit-" I look over to the 2012 Cap walking around as Tony finishes, "-did nothing for your ass." In an all somewhat serious tone. I hold back a laugh and then hear Steve in my ear "No one asked you to look, Tony." He says sighing and Scott puts an arm over his chest to act taken back by surprise of what Tony just said about one of his biggest idols. "Thick." Tony whispers and Scott speaks up. "I think you look great, Cap. As far as I'm concerned, that's America's ass." Scott says freely and I look over to him on Tony's shoulder to watch him do a tiny salute. 

I hold in all giggles and chuckles and stop once 2012 Natasha starts to talk, " Uhh, magic wand?" She asks Tony, "STRIKE team's coming to secure it." 2012 Tony tells her as she sets it down. "Here comes the HYDRA boys and me." I say pointing towards the elevator that opens. "We can take that-" Sitwell says taking Loki's Scepter from 2012 Natasha "-off your hands." Sitwell finishes dragged the 'S' setting it in a case. "By all means. Careful with that thing." 2012 Tatum tells Sitwell, "We don't want another one of these to happen." 2012 Tatum points towards the window for the damage of the attack. "Unless you want your mind erased. And not in a fun way." 2012 Clint says as he walks up ruffling 2012 Tatum's hair then walking away from the scene. 

"Kid, why you here? Were you part of-" Tony starts talking and I cut him off "-No I was not part of HYDRA, this was before we knew they were." I tell him as we continue to watch the scene in front of us unfold. Tony just silently nods as 2012 Sitwell talks once again, "We promise to be careful." He tells 2012 Clint and Tatum. "Wait HYDRA? Why would you  just hand them that?" Scott asks clearly confused of the situation. "They are SHIELD...Well, actually Hydra. But, we didn't know that yet." Tony tells Scott to help clear some of the situation. 

"Seriously, you didn't? I mean...they look like bad guys. Except from Tatum, of course." Scott tells us and I silently giggle. "Thanks, Scott, I did go to Fury and tell him how I felt about them. But he just said he'll keep an eye on them." I say while watching 2012 me walking around. "You're small, but you're talking loud." Tony whisper shouts at Scott through the ear piece. "On my way down to coordinate search and rescue." 2012 Steve says walking out of the room, I then look over to Loki who smiles and transform into 2012 Steve coping his last sentence. Loki laughs as he transforms back to himself, "I mean, honestly! How do you think you'll be-" Loki gets cut off with 2012 Thor slapping on a device to make him stop talking. "Shut up." Thor says guiding him towards the elevator with everyone following suit.

I look over towards 2012 Tony making contact with the target, "All right, you're up, little buddy." I say looking over at tiny Scott and back at 2012 Tony, "There's our stone." I finish and Scott gives a tiny nod. "Alright. Flick me." Scott says laying down on Tony's shoulder. Tony flicks Scott onto his 2012 self, right into his beard. 2012 Tony then scratches his beard, dropping present Scott onto 2012 Tony's reactor. Once everything is set the 2012 Avengers head towards the elevator filling it up and the Hulk trying to get in. 

"Whoa! Whoa, whoa. Hey! Buddy. What do you think? Maximum occupancy has been reached." 2012 Tony tells the Hulk as the door shuts and Loki gives a little wave, "Take the stairs." Clint says once the door shut. Hulk punches the elevator in frustration, "Take the stairs.Take the stairs!" Hulk shout walking out to the door that shows the stairs. Tony and I walk out from behind the pillar, "All right, Cap. I got our scepter in the elevator just passing the 80th floor." Tony tells Steve through the comms as we walk to find so disguises. "On it. Head to the lobby." Steve says and I reply with a smile, "Already ahead of the game."

--------

2012 Tatum 

 "Evidence secure. We're en route to Dr. List. No. No hitches at all, Mr. Secretary." Sitwell repeats into his earpiece and I look at him suspiciously and he smiles. I sigh as the elevator comes to a stop, I look down to see red shoes walk into the elevator and then stand beside me.  "Captain. I thought you were coordinating search and rescue?" Sitwell says feeling cautious with Captain America being there. I could tell him what they're doing, but he wouldn't believe me. "Change of plans." Cap said with serious tone slightly speeding him legs out and putting his arms in front of him. 

"I like your shoes, cap." I whisper still keeping my eye glued to the floor of the elevator, He hummed a thank you in response. I immediately imagine hitting myself on the head as I feel dumb for that to be the only thing I say to this man. Phil, he's the one who got me hooked on Captain America. 

"Rumlow." Cap starts and suddenly everyone starts getting suspicious and has their guard up. "I just got a call from the Secretary. I'm gonna be running point on the scepter." Cap says and I quickly gain interest in the what was happening. I look and see Cap's earpiece a whole different model. Much smaller and less bulky on the ear. This wasn't my Captain America, I have picked up on quantum realum stuff for the last couple of weeks. I start to laugh at myself as how silly I sounded thinking of quantum time actually ever working. 

"Sir? I don't understand-" Cap cuts off Sitwell, "-We got word there may be an attempt to steal it." Cap says waiting for the weapon to be handed to him. "Sorry, Cap. I can't give you the scepter." Rumlow says with a tight grip on the scepter. 

"I'm gonna have to call the Director." Sitwell tells the boys with Steve still looking at the elevator door. "That's okay. Trust me." Cap leans over to Sitwell's ear and whispers "Hail Hydra." I smile with Cap looking down at me winking. Everyone is surprised and everyone stops talking and a giant wave of courage hits me. "I want to be a hero like you, Cap. I look up to you. I have too many comics of you and action figures plus I have pajamas and-" I get cut off by Rumlow nudging my back and I sudden stay quiet. 

The doors open and Cap turns to me, "I know you'll become a hero, Tatum." And he walked out with the scepter in had. A second later everyone rushes to get out of the elevator and I sigh loudly, "Did you guys make the elevator go on like grandma speed? That was the longest elevator trip I've ever been on? How about you guys take the s-" I get cut off by someone slamming a door open.

-----------------

Shoutout to @tom-holland-is-life for giving me an idea of this plot for 2012 Tatum. Thank you so much for the comment!

This is the weakest chapter I've written in this book lmao. Well, I hope you guys somewhat liked this chapter. 

Make sure to vote and or comment and I'll update soon

don't be a silent reader.