- ch. 06

Tatum

I watch as Tony and some big homeless ma- oh Thor walking down to the big machine. "Drifting left. On the side there, Lebowski." Tony tells Thor as they make their way down towards the machine. I walk over to the machine leaving Rhodey right behind me. "How's it going, Ratchet?" I say leaning down to eye level to Rocket who's working on something underneath the glass. "You're lucky I like you a lot kid." He tells me getting back to work. 

I walk over to the group of guys that consisted of Scott, Hulk, Steve, Rhodey, and Tony. " Time travel suit? Not bad." Rhodey says to Scott who has on red and silver suit. Scott smiles when he spots me joining and looks behind me quickly frowning in disapproval with the hulk messing with some red liquid. "Hey, hey, hey. Easy, easy!" Scott says rushing to hulk Bruce. "I'm being very careful." He says to Scott who snatches the liquid filled vial. "No, you're being very Hulky." He tells him walking away to get in the middle of the groups. " I'm being careful." Bruce tells him giving up on the situation. 

"These are Pym Particles, alright? And ever since Hank Pym got snapped out of existence, this is it. This is what we have. We're not making any more." Scott says holding up the vial. Everyone looks at him "Scott, calm down!" Rhodey tells him and I nod in agreement. "We get how important these are, if I here you one more time about these vial things, Imma just-" 

"Sorry. We've got enough for one round trip each. That's it. No do-overs. Plus two test runs." Scott says cutting me off and then shrinks. we all stand there and he pops back to normal size before another second could pass by. "One test run." He quickly tells us as we all sigh. 

--------------

We all stand at the testing chamber get Scott ready and then move to behind the control panel. As Scott straps his final strap he's all set. He looks over to me and I give a big smile and a thumbs up. "You got this." I mouth to him. He smiles for a second and I could sense the worry in him. He was scared and was rethinking all of this. "All right. I'm not ready for this." He finally says in one fast motion Clint appears, "I'm game. I'll do it." he says as he walks from the shadows and towards Scott for the suit. 

Clint changed, new hair, well that's pretty much it. He's acting different as someone who's wanting answers. I could feel he's lost a lot and he doesn't think he'll come back. Hoping to get lost and not have to worry about anything. He was just drenched in sadness. 

Not five minutes past before we see Clint walking back in wearing the suit Scott had on moments before, the Quantum Suit. "Clint, now you're gonna feel a little discombobulated from the chronoshift. Don't worry about it." Bruce tells Clint and he gives a solid nod ready for what was to happen. Clint steps onto the platform and looks back towards us. Rhodey looks over at us and to his feet and back at everything, "Wai-Wait a second, let me ask you something. If we can do this, you know, go back in time, why don't we just find baby Thanos, you know, and..." he makes a hand gesture suggesting that they strangle baby Thanos with a rope. I laugh and Bruce looks at him as if Rhodey is the crazy one.

"First of all, that's horrible..." Bruce says disgusted. "You're defending a man who vanished half the population, Rhodey is actually thinking here." I tell him earning a nod of agreement from majority of the group. "It's Thanos." Rhodey says pointing arm at to me and sighing at Bruce. 

"And secondly, time doesn't work that way. Changing the past doesn't change the future." Bruce says crossing his big arms against his chest. "Look, we go back, we get the stones before Thanos gets them... Thanos doesn't have the stones. Problem solved." Scott says out

"Bingo." Clint says from the platform. "That's not how it works." Nebula says with a flat voice. I like her, she's always lost in her head and I've had the pleasure of showing her different things, but she mostly likes paper football. "Well, that's what I heard." Clint said looking at Nat. "What? By who? Who told you that?" Bruce questions very curious on where we got our information from.