He's Here

" Oliver? "

   " No, I'm Ryo. "

   " No Oliver is over there. "

   " Oh, the Oliver who Miro and Akane are fighting over? "

   " Yeah that Oliver. He has that cotton candy hair over there. "

He looked up and looked at Oliver. Then he stood in my view of him and smiled down at me.

   " I'll just block your view of him so he won't see you. That way it won't be awkward. "

   " Awkward? "

   " He wouldn't come to the water park alone, would he? "

   " That's true. He is probably here with some of his guy friends or girl friends. "

   " Yeah. So to make it less awkward we will just pretend we don't see him and walk the opposite way. "

   " Okay. Let's go. "

I turned around and we started walking away. We were walking away when I heard my name being called.

   " Y/n! "

   " Crap. "

We turned around and it was Oliver. He walked towards us. Ryo stood beside me as Oliver walked closer.

   " Hey, Y/n. Who's this? "

   " This is-"

   " I'm Ryo. You must be Oliver. "

They shook hands and I could see Oliver's smile diminish a little bit.

   " Nice to meet you. "

   " Like-wise. If you'll excuse us we will be heading off. "

   " Wait why don't we join groups. I'm here with Miro and Akane. "

   " Sorry, but we were having our day today. "

   " Oh, so you're dating? "

   " No, we aren't. We are just good friends. " 

   " Oh, alright. Well, I'll see you later then. "

   " Yeah. Bye Oliver. " I said.

Ryo waved bye and we started walking away from Oliver. We walked further into the waterpark and stopped at a cart and grabbed F/f and we went to a picnic table and we started eating. 

   " This is really good! " Ryo said surprisingly.

   " Now you see why I love it so much. "

   " I need to eat this more often. "

   " Well, if you come around more often then you'll eat it more often. "

   " Is that an invitation to come over whenever I want? "

   " No, it's an invitation to be eaten at the zoo. "

   " Okay, okay. Thanks. Same goes to you. I bet my parents would love to meet you. "

   " I wave to them when I see them outside. " 

   " Cool. Are you finished? "

   " Yup. "

   " Let's go and get on some water rides! "

   " Yay! "

We walked over to a couple of lockers and I took off my clothes and put them in the locker. I felt the sun hit me as I walked outside. I waited on Ryo and he walked out in seconds.

   " Ready Ryo? "

His face was a little red, but a smile appeared on his face.

   " Ready. Let's go! "

We started walking to the first slide and we went up the stairs to get to the top to ride.

( Time Skip )

Ryo and I were just floating on the lazy river ride. No one was on it which made it perfect to ride. I was floating in my little donut tube and Ryo was floating beside me in a watermelon tube. We had spent most of the day here. The sun was low in the sky.

   " This is nice. "

   " It is. I like floating along this lazy river because it's so calming. "

   " Yeah. "

   " So, Y/n, tell me about yourself. "

   " What do you want to know? "

   " Anything really. How about we just ask questions back and forth? "

   " Sounds fun. You first. "

   " Where are your parents? "

   " They passed away in a car accident. "

   " I'm sorry. "

   " It's okay. I've already gone through the stages of grief. How old are you? "

   " Y/a. How long where you and James dating? "

   " 3 years. Who was your last girlfriend? "

   " I...I haven't had one. "

   " Really? "

   " Yeah. I told you My friends and I liked the same girl. She was the first girl I had a crush on. "

   " Oh. I see. "

   " Yeah. What was going to happen between James and you once you both graduated? "

   " We both were going to go to college. We would try and go to the same college. "

   " What if you got into a college James couldn't get in? What then? "

   " I would go to the college he would go to. "

   " What if you got into Harvard or Yale or some other super hard to get into college and James didn't get in? "

   " I would go with James. I loved him and I didn't want to be separated to him and he felt the same. "

I heard the squeak of his watermelon floaty touching my donut float and he held my arms. I looked at his amber eyes.

   " Don't sell yourself short for some guy. If you had the opportunity to go to one of the most amazing schools you would give it up for a guy? I'm sure James would have understood, but you can't miss an opportunity like that for a guy you've dated for 3 years. You can say it was fate or meant to be but you don't know that until you have survived a long-distance relationship. "

   " Ryo-"

   " You should do what makes you happy. Not something for a guy. You haven't really tested your relationship if you haven't done something like long-distance relationships. "

   " ... "

   " Y/n? "

   " ... "

   " Y/n I'm sorry but its the truth. You can't give up an opportunity like that. It's not something everyone gets. "

   " You're right...Ryo. Thanks. "

   " Anything for a friend. "

We stared into each other eyes for a moment. His amber eyes were sparkling in the setting suns rays.

   " I think it's time to go. "

   " Yeah. Let's get out. "

We got out of the water and walked back to the lockers. I dried on the way with the wind blowing so my clothes didn't stick to me when I put them on.

   " Oh hey. "