twenty six

35 votes, 40 comments for next chapter!

SAMS POV

i enter my beautiful girlfriends bedroom, holding a box of blueberry muffins and banana nut muffins and two water bottles. i figured she had a bad hangover, just like me. "hey, baby, got you some muffins. how's your hangover? mines killing me, i don't even remember anything last night."

"you made out with some random girl at the party." she states bluntly, looking back down at her book she was reading. my smile alters, "what?" i ask in complete disbelief.

she shrugs her shoulders, "yup."

i sigh, taking a seat at the edge of her bed. "i'm so sorry, i don't even know what to say." i start.

she rolls her eyes, "it's whatever. you said you didn't know what happened and thought it was me." she shrugs.

i shake my head, "baby, i don't even remember anything last night. i-"

"i don't even want to talk about it. please." she says, squeezing her eyes shut in annoyance. she rubs the temples of her forehead, and i walk up to her. i take a seat in front of her, grabbing her hands lightly.

she sighs, looking up. "babe. i love you so fucking much. i'm so sorry that i'm a stupid boy." i say, shaking my head. "what the fuck is wrong with me..." i mutter to myself, putting my head in my hands.

"i cant even be mad at you." she says quietly. i look up at her, seeing tears well up in her eyes. "i want to, but honestly there isn't even a reason to. you didn't know what you were doing, but it hurts because that girl wasn't even me." she says, a tear trickling down her cheek.

i wrap my arms around her body, bringing her close to me. i felt so guilty, i didn't remember anything from last night.

the most beautiful girl in the world is crying, and it's my fault.

-

KYLIE'S POV

i took a bite of my bagel, looking up at my mom, who was wiping the counter. "i was thinking, maybe we can have a dinner party, tonight? like we always did. we haven't had one of those in a while." my mom suggests.

my dad sips his coffee, looking at my mother through his glasses. "yeah, we should."

they both look at me, waiting for a response. i shrug my shoulders, "i don't care what we do." i say.

my mom smiles, clasping her hands against each other. "perfect! i'll invite everyone over around six pm, well have wine and champagne, maybe some prosecco!" my mom gushes, clearly getting excited.

i chuckle, "i'll clean downstairs." i grab my plate, walking over to the sink. i quickly wash it, setting it down in the drying rack. "okay, sweetie."

i make my way downstairs, and begin to clean up. by 'everyone', my mother was implying chad and his family, sam and his family, shey and her family, and andrea and her family.

we used to have dinners all together every thursday, that lasted from fourth grade to the end of sophomore year. i wouldn't say we drifted apart, we all just got busy.

my parents are still close with theirs, so i guess that's all that matters.

after a few hours, the guests have arrived. my friends and i are all in the basement, doing what we do best. nothing.

"i wanna be high." shey states, in hopes someone else agrees.

sam chuckles from besides her, "me, too, actually. remember when we used to get high every day. what even happened to that?"

"i got fired from my job because i failed my drug test." i say, taking a sip of my water. chad laughs, "jokes on all of you, i get high all the fucking time." he says, laying back on andrea.

"we all know, asswipe." shey rolls her eyes, throwing a pillow at him.

he pulls out his juul and a dab pen. "y'all want some?"

"ew you have a juul." i pretend to gag, leaning my head on sam's shoulder. "you're gonna die of lung cancer." i tell him.

he shrugs, "only here for a good time, not a long time, girl." he says, inhaling the substance of his dab pen.

"i'm offering now." chad says, holding out his pen for anyone to grab. i exchange glances with shey.

she stands up, snatching the pen from his hands, then proceeds to take a seat next to me.

-

"guys! dinners ready!" my mother announces from the top step, making my eyes widen. "do i look okay?" i ask andrea.

she laughs, "just don't smile or laugh. you're fine." i nod my head, grabbing sam's hand. "i love you, sam." i peck his lips and we make our way upstairs.

i was greatly intoxicated, but not with alcohol this time. i haven't been high in about a year, so the feeling felt new and different. sam was a little bit, shey and i- we were the worst of it.

andrea doesn't smoke, so she declined. chad is literally always high, so it wasn't a problem with him. the only problem was, i didn't know how to act exactly.

i take a seat at my usual spot at the table, sam sitting down next to me. "thanks for dinner, mom." i smile lightly at her.

she smiles back, her movements seemed slow and she stared at my face for a few moments. i grew scared and my anxiety levels grew. i break eye contact with her, looking over to sam. "do i look like i'm an idiot?" i ask him, making him chuckle.

"no, baby, you're fine. don't think too much of it. ooh, potatoes." he grew distracted by the food in front of us, i decided i should be, too.