Unfortunate

Today was the day I was going to ease Nagisa's mind of the events that were currently playing about.
Even though Nagisa was good at hiding it I could tell he was stressing himself with this whole assassination process. I mean what can I say? We're a couple.
"Nagisa! Ready to go?"
I knocked on the door a couple of times, only to be met with silence late after.

My smile quickly faded into a confused look.

Is he not here?
Before I decided to knock again the door suddenly swung open, causing me to grip my chest in response to my mini-heart attack that just occurred.
"Christ... you scared the hell out of- Oh, Ms. Shiota, you're definitely the last person I expected to see today." I jokingly remarked.

She didn't find it funny at all.

I cleared my throat in order to ease the awkward silence that filled the air.
"Hah... Yeah. Anyways, is Nagisa around? I've been looking for-"
"Come with me." She quietly stated in a serious tone before turning tail back into the house.

Arching an eyebrow, I decided not to question her behavior and obeyed.
As the both of us cruised down the hallway toward Nagisa's bedroom I tried to make conversation, because she was taking her sweet time with it.
"Sooo. How's it been hangin'?"

Silence.

"Well damn. Who pissed in your Cheerios?"
Ignoring me, as we arrived Nagisa's front door Ms. Shiota slowly opened the door, a solemn look in her usual emotionless eyes.

"Finally..." I muttered.
There, in his bed Nagisa laid with a neatly folded rag upon his forehead.
He was tucked deep into his blankets to the point where only his head could be seen popping out.

"... Nagisa?"

"He's been like this all since this morning

"He's been like this all since this morning."
Ms. Shiota stated, sounding almost defeated.
I was kneeled down next to my mate, caressing and running my fingers through his hair.
"(Y-Y/N)..." He weakly called out between small pants.
"Don't talk Nagisa..." I sighed.
Removing the dampened rag, I replaced it with my forehead.
I clicked my tongue in irritation as I slowly pulled away.
"He's burning up... and why NOW of all times?"
Nagisa shifted in his bed, wincing from the sharp pain coursing in his head.

Both me and Ms. Shiota stood and watched helplessly at the sight.
"I'll go get him another rag."
I simply nodded, not removing my gaze from Nagisa.

The room fell silent once again, all that could be heard was Nagisa's constant panting.

...

"I... I'm sorry, (Y/N)..."
"For what? ... This isn't your-"
"But it IS my fault." Nagisa interrupted, his tone coming off slightly aggressive.