A Boy???

The three of you including your father took your sweet time catching up on things.

You and Nagisa shared the day the both of you met, when you started dating, and of course your very first kiss.

Though, it wasn't really like you were expecting to spill all the beans towards your father, rather he was just easing it out of you.

Yes, he had a very unique way of sweet talking you, and you kinda hated it.

Throughout the conversation and the sound of your father continuously rambling on about the subject, you couldn't help but notice Nagisa looked as if he withheld something upon his mind; Like he wanted to get something off of his chest.

His hands were neatly placed on upon each other laying in his lap, his oceanic gaze sternly glued at the floor.

You frowned and gently nudged your partner almost instantaneously catching his attention, his eyes widened somewhat.
"You okay?" You whispered.

Nagisa lifts his hand to rub his arm, "Well... I don't think I'm too comfortable with your Dad convinced I'm a female... You know how sensitive I am about my physique, (Y/N)."

You nod in agreement.
You knew how Nagisa felt about himself and the way he looked; His hair, his clothing, his body.
Even though it wasn't crucial, to him it was a mild disappointment.

Averting your gaze towards your father and clearing your throat loudly in order to interrupt him from his what seemed to be endless dialogue, "Hey, Dad. I- ... We have something important to tell you, something serious. It's completely up to you how you decide to take this."

Your father's expression went from a wide eyed one to a bit of a concerned one, morphed with confusion.
His (E/C) eyes darted back and forth from the both of you.
"Oh, well alright. Spit it out, kids" he countered as he scratched his chin with a smirk.

You nodded and averted your gaze towards your boyfriend and nodding, letting him know it was okay for him to speak now.

Nagisa inhaled through his nostrils and exhaled through his mouth slowly before finally locking eyes with your Father.

"Uhm, Mr. (L/N)," He began, your father's ears perking a bit as he waited.

"Throughout the time the three of us have been conversing, I haven't been completely honest."

Your father rose an eyebrow, but stayed quiet and let Nagisa continue.

Nagisa rubber the back of his head and smiled nervously at his reaction,
"I'm... I'm a boy."

The atmosphere of the living room instantly became awkward.

It looked as if your father still hadn't exactly caught a grasp upon what he said, so you decided to intervene.
Besides, Nagisa's shouldn't have to be the one explaining your own father.

You leaned forward in your seat, forcing your father to avert his gaze from your boyfriend's to yours.
"Whether you want to believe it or not is up to you, but it's true. Yes, Nagisa is a male, and so am I. Yes, we're involved in a romantic relationship no matter if it seems wrong, but I've never felt this way before, even with my old girlfriend. Nagisa's just one of a kind and everyday he continues to make me happier in ways I can't exactly put into words..." you placed a hand on your chest just above your heartbeat.
You felt a small smile creep onto your lips as you sat up right, chin up high and a bit of a gleam in your eyes.

"... Everytime I'm around him I can't help but say to myself; Wow, (Y/N). You're really involved with an incredible person. Because I decided to throw all of my insecurities away, I was able to come in contact with Nagisa."