Chapter Fifty-Two

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

Now, we've got some schmexy times coming up next chapter and some more forgiveness? Will Esme be forgiven?

Chapter Fifty-Two

Masen

"We're dismissed until after the first of the year," I said, banging the gavel. "Enjoy your holidays, everyone. Excellent work!" The members of parliament got up and left the chambers. I packed up my bag, tucking my laptop into its sleeve. Heidi was at my side, handing me a folder. I looked at the paperwork inside, seeing that it was the finalized transfer of funds into an account for Alice. "Thank you, Heidi."

"Lady Bella met with Alice and she received the same information," Heidi said as we walked to my office. "We will be tracking her to verify that she won't have any further contact with Mr. Swan or their property."

"Keep me appraised, Heidi," I said, reaching for my overcoat and sliding it over my shoulders. "Now, I'm off to see my fiancée. I can imagine that she's got to be exhausted from meeting with her sister."

"From what I heard; the meeting didn't last as long as anticipated. She went back to the apartment after her time at the prison. The paparazzi were hovering outside of the prison. Jane drafted a statement, explaining her presence there," Heidi said, handing me her tablet.

I briefly read it and was pleased with what Jane had said. The gist of the statement was that Bella was meeting with her estranged sister, who had acted inappropriately while she had visited our home. She'd explained what had transpired between Alice and our family that landed her in jail. They wanted to meet prior to Alice's deportation from Gevalia, putting their situation behind each other. I smiled, handing Heidi back her tablet. "Excellent response. Bella did well in hiring Jane."

"She was the most competent of the candidates, Your Highness. She also has a temperament that matches Lady Bella well. She's snarky, but calm. Lady Bella and Jane bicker like old ladies, but they are also good friends," Heidi said, a smile on her face. "I'm certain you're looking forward to some time off."

"That's relative," I snorted. "I may not be working for parliament, but I do have obligations with the royal family. Photo ops, interviews, parties and public appearances. We're also preparing another interview with Vanity Fair, a more in-depth interview announcing our wedding date."

"Well, I'll make sure that I have your schedule sent to your cell phone," Heidi nodded. "I'll see you on Monday. Are you going to be at the apartment or at the palace?"

"Heading to the apartment. We'll be at Masen Manor until after the first of the year. We'll return to the apartment the weekend before parliament returns for the winter session," I nodded. "Have a good weekend, Heidi."

"You, too, Your Highness," Heidi beamed, curtseying before scurrying out of the office. She nodded to Felix as he slipped inside, standing imposingly at my door.

I put on my coat and left the parliament building. The weather was nippy, as was the norm of mid-October in Gevalia. You could smell the possibility of snow, but it never reached the ground. I eased into the back of the Range Rover, checking my cell phone as we pulled away. The drive back to the apartment took about twenty minutes. I smiled at the doorman, making my way to the elevator and rode up to the penthouse.

Opening the door, I tossed my keys onto the foyer table. "Cherie, I'm home," I called out. I was greeted by silence. "Hello?" I looked around, seeing a folded card next to the key bowl. I picked it up, opening it.