Chapter Thirty-Six

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

Bella and Masen will be returning to the states. First up will be a trip to Rochester. Masen wants to find out about Rosalie and hopefully, do some 'damage' control. Not in the way you're thinking ... he wants to see if Rosalie still has feelings for Emmett. Also, there will be drama.

Chapter Thirty-Six

Masen

Bella was curled up on my lap, sleeping deeply as we flew over the Atlantic, hurdling to Teterboro. We'd left very early the following morning, only to be delayed due to a nasty storm. I'd also been a horny bastard the preceding night, keeping her up just to make love to her and feel as close as possible.

As we flew back away from Spain, I just relished in her soft hair, pliant body and completely relaxed form. I know Bella was excited to be going home. There was, however, a lingering fear in her eyes. And it niggled in my brain, too. She was terrified of the paparazzi. She'd handled them like a champ at the New Year's Eve Gala and again at the Louvre. They were contained in those instances, with specific rules that had to follow. The paps were different out in the wild. They could be ruthless, cunning and even deadly.

Need I remind you of Princess Diana? I still had anxiety when we approached that stretch of road where Diana had been run off the road all those years ago.

"Your Highness, we're approaching our destination. We're about fifteen minutes away from Teterboro," said the flight attendant. "Lady Bella needs to be back in her own seat."

"Thank you," I whispered, kissing Bella's temple. The attendant left, settling down in her own seat near the cockpit. I brushed Bella's hair away and stared at her sleeping face. She was so relaxed, so beautiful. "Cherie, wake up." I brushed my lips over her forehead.

"Hmmm," Bella retorted grumpily as she snuggled closer. "No ... Sleep."

I laughed, shifting her so she was back in her own seat. She blinked up at me, her eyes bleary and her face flushed. I stared at her as she rubbed her eyes and shifted to get comfortable. "We can sleep once we get back to the penthouse. Jake is waiting for us."

"I would like to see my dad," she pouted.

"Bella, it's almost midnight. He's probably asleep. We can go see him tomorrow," I said, buckling her into her seat.

"I'm not a baby, Masen," she grumbled, giving me a wry grin. "I could have buckled my own seatbelt."

"It gives me an opportunity to touch you, Bella," I snickered. "Are you okay?"

"Other than tired and wanting to curl up next to you in bed? I'm fine," she answered, with a shrug of her shoulders. "I'm glad we're home, but completely jetlagged. I want to sleep for days."

"Well, you can lavish in my penthouse. I've got a meeting tomorrow morning," I said, threading our fingers together. Her nose wrinkled as she looked at me. "A royal's work is never done. You can relax and then go visit your dad tomorrow after you get caught up on sleep."

"A meeting?" she asked.

"It was actually scheduled for about six hours ago. I have to meet with my staff at the consulate," I smirked. "Get finalized details for my remaining time in the states." Bella's brow furrowed and she moved in her seat. "What is it?"

"I know that Gevalia is your home," she muttered. "I just hate that there's a finite amount of time we have together."

"Bella, in February, I'm not leaving you. If I had my way, I'd have you come with me. This is not casual, cherie. I mean it when I say that you're it for me. I can't imagine not having you by my side," I said. My thumb stroked over her engagement finger and I prayed she got my meaning. I knew that in my carryon, the ring I'd had redesigned was nestled next to my passport and wallet. I wanted that ring on her finger before we flew back to Gevalia for the Independence Day celebrations in late February. I wanted the world to know that I was no longer one of the world's most eligible bachelors but tied to the most beautiful and selfless woman on the planet.