Chapter Fifty-Three: A Vanity Fair Article

Disclaimer: All characters are not mine. No copyright infringement was intended. Thank you to Stephenie Meyer for creating Edward and Bella for our enjoyment. I just like playing with them, making them my own ... even for just a little while.

This is the final chapter ... before the epilogue. The end is in sight.

Chapter Fifty-Three

A Modern-Day Fairy Tale
by Bree Tanner

Earlier this year, I had the pleasure of interviewing royalty. Vanity Fair was given an exclusive about Gevalian Prince Edward Anthony Masen Cullen announcing his engagement to an American, Isabella Swan. Good news is that they are still engaged.

We have an American princess in the making. Move over Meghan Markle ...

They are also disturbingly adorable and undeniably beautiful.

I've never seen such a gorgeous couple.

Regardless of their beauty, we wanted to share their story and pass along more information about their upcoming nuptials. Their story was filled with ups and downs, but most importantly, a happily ever after destined for royalty.

Prince Edward, commonly known to his friends and family as 'Masen', was sent to the states on a diplomatic mission for six months, starting in October of last year. After meeting with him at our initial interview, he shared that he was also there to find his brother who had turned into that royal that was splashed on every tabloid cover, partying it up and making some questionable choices. But, that's another part of the story.

One night, when sneaking out of a charity event, Masen snuck into a Brooklyn bakery. It was raining and he'd slipped from his security detail. He made his way inside of the Swan Family Bakery where he was almost bludgeoned by the owner, Isabella Swan.

Can we say 'meet cute'?

In reality, Masen was trespassing. The Swan Family Bakery technically was closed for the day, but Isabella, or Bella as she prefers, and Masen bonded over obnoxious siblings, family obligations and beating the hell out of sourdough.

"It's a great stress reliever," Bella said, with a coy, little grin at our first interview. "I still make sourdough bread when this one forgets to pick up his socks to put them into the hamper."

"I'm getting better," Masen laughed, nuzzling her neck.

Now, in regard to their initial bond, some of that they requested we not share some of the information about their siblings. We value Masen and Bella's privacy, along with the other parties involved, and will respect their request. However, we can say that Prince Emmett McCarty Cullen, Masen's younger brother, is deployed with the Royal Air Force, as an air traffic controller. Bella's younger sister, Mary Alice Swan, recently had some difficulties with the law, but has since moved to Austin, Texas and is working on completing her education.

In regard to those family obligations, they were more cumbersome. Upon their meeting, the Swan Family Bakery was in financial dire straits. With medical bills mounting from Bella's father, Charles Swan, their expenses were just too much. They couldn't afford to maintain the bakery, pay their mortgage and address the pile of medical bills from Mr. Swan's diagnosis of Parkinson's Disease, the needed medications and physical therapy he required. Upon his diagnosis, almost six years ago, Bella gave up her dream of being a teacher and moved home to save the bakery when her father could no longer work.

The bakery was almost lost.

Masen said that he saw how Bella was working from four in the morning until well after midnight every night, by herself, slaving away to keep the bakery running and provide a life for her family. She struggled and the bakery was struggling. He had to step in.