16

Light shines through the blinds like a ghouls grin, shooting into your eyes like daggers.

It's been about a week since you hadn't attended school, due to the recent uncanny events.

And it was beginning to get boring.

''Any news from Lisa?'' your mother asks, adjusting her suit.

''Nope'' you sigh, scrolling through your phone. You frequently text and call her expecting some sort of reply, but she gives you none.

And every time you asked the boys about it, they'd either go on about their lord bullshit or just avoid the question.

Well at least Kai was back. I'll need to get some information out of him...

''Don't go out, I don't want you to go missing like those other teenagers...'' she warns before leaving and disappearing through the door.

You tap your foot impatiently, peeking through the blinds until your mother drove off to work and out of sight.

''Time to go out...'' you mutter to yourself, popping on some converses. Just when you fling open the door, a startled Kai greets you.

''What the hell are you doing at my front door?''

''I wanted to visit you...'' he sheepishly grins, inviting himself over. You turn around and watch him jump onto your couch.

''I was so bored! How come school's closed?'' he asks.

Slamming your front door shut, you shrug and sit on the couch opposite him. ''You know, the cloaked men and all''

''You haven't been meeting up with them, have you?'' he asks dubiously, expression suddenly stoic.

''Nah'' you lie, a tense silence beginning to cloud the air. His eyes are dead set on you, brimming in a darkness you were not used to seeing.

But it's momentary, as his smile returns onto his face in an instant. ''That's good. I did tell you they were dangerous''

You roll your eyes in unamusement. ''The amount of times I've heard that''

He simply smiles in response, eyes vacant as he stared at nothing in particular.

''So have you heard from Lisa? She doesn't respond to any of my texts...''

He tilts his head. ''Me neither. So much teenagers have gone missing...''

An awkward silence sinks into the air once again. You twirl your hair and look down at your phone, noticing some unread messages.

-

(3) unread messages

LocalBunny:

yoooo

need to tell ya smth asap

meet me at the cafe you saw me at the other day

Me:

tell me something?

message not sent (!)

oooh, okay. be there in a bit

message not sent (!)

-

Messages not sending? You refresh your wifi but to no avail.

Sighing in defeat, you switch your phone off and look up.