39

The next day

After a long lukewarm shower in the early morning, you exit your room and begin to make your way to the main area.

Walking past the high tech machines which decorated the institute, you enter a room which was supposedly a cafeteria. The teens would mostly loiter around here, having breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The slight murmur of kids resonate around the room as they converse, and according to your quick witted perusal, there had to be at least over one hundred teens here.

You help yourself to some cereal and make your way towards Lisa, who sat on a table with Mark and Mina. Since they were the only modified humans you knew, you were going to share your plan and persuade them to join you on your quest to save the city.

''Mind if I join?'' you seat yourself across them anyway, face held in seriousness. ''Guys, listen yeah''

''What is it, cheddar head?'' Mark asks loudly, shoving a piece of toast inside his mouth.

Lisa and Mina gaze at you intently, waiting for you to continue. ''I need you guys to join my army. I need people who can fight'' you tell them with a determined expression.

''FIGHT?! HELL YEAH'' Mark screams, causing a few heads to turn back and stare. ''WHEN?! NOW? LETS GOOOOO''

''Let me finish speaking, flamebrain'' you grab him by the collar and pull him back into his seat.

''I don't think I know how to fight...'' Mina replies sheepishly, rubbing her stretchy fingers.

''Of course you can, look at these powers of yours!'' you exclaim, pointing to her arm which was capable of expanding. ''You could send someone flying Luffy style''

''But who do you want us to fight?'' Lisa inquires.

''The Lord...''

They all go quite.

The expressions on their face stiffen, eyes incredulous of how you could suggest such a thing. ''Are you crazy, Y/N? He saved us, why would we fight him?''

''Do you know how you even got here? They kidnapped you, manipulated you. You've got families waiting for you at home, worried about where you are. You don't remember because your memories were wiped out, but trust me. This is not where you belong''

They exchange glances, faces portraying a plethora of mixed emotions. After a few moments, Lisa exhales loudly.

''I've never seen you this serious. Ever. And because you're my best friend, I'm gonna trust you'' Lisa declares confidently, standing up. ''If what you said was true, I think I'm beginning to come to my senses''

Mark abruptly raises from his seat too. ''As long as I get to fight someone, I'll join too. I'm fired up!'' Fire engulfs his fists as he raises them to the air.

''I-I guess I'll join too then'' Mina adds, joining the two which stand up in a determined mindset.

You grin at your new accomplishment. I can collect more people from here later on...I just need the seven wonders to join now.

-

''Can I go on a mission with you guys?'' you ask Namjoon, feeling utterly bored. They were preparing to go somewhere as instructed by the Lord, and you wanted to tag along just for the sake of it.

Your gaze follow Taehyung's smooth movements as he drapes the cloak around his body. ''I'm jealous of your cloak'' you whisper to him, as he arches an eyebrow in response.

''why?''

''Because it's touching your body, and I'm not'' you grin. His fingers protrude out of his cloak, revealing a middle finger, but his tinted cheeks say otherwise.

The boys adjust their masks and button up their cloaks as you watch them enviously. ''Sure, you can come if you want'' Hoseok smiles at you, the ebony of his eyes shimmering like the stars on his mask.

''Yay!'' you turn around to quickly fetch your cloak and mask too, but a hard grip on your wrist prevent you from doing so. Eyebrows furrowed in annoyance, you turn to glare at whoever did so.

''You're not going anywhere'' Kai's grasp on you is firm, cold eyes staring through your soul.

''Says who?'' you scowl, attempting to break free from his grasp, but to no avail. 

''Me. You're not going with them. And if you retaliate, I'll tell your mummy'' he threatens, a smug smirk tugging at his lips. ''Now go. Fuck off''

''Don't tell her what to do'' Jungkook interrupts, not able to stay quite any longer.

''Yeah, don't tell her what to do'' Taehyung agrees, turning to you. ''Little shit, fuck off''

''Sticks and stones may break my bones but your words will hurt me'' you randomly sing.

''You messed up the words'' Kai tells you, shaking his head.

''Not the way you messed up your life''

You hear a few snorts but they stop when Kai begins to huff. His bloodshot eyes snap towards Taehyung, glazed with a burning contempt. ''Be careful, Tear Mask. I'm this close to snitching off you''

''the fuck did I do this time?''

Yoongi clears his throat in annoyance, signalling everyone's attention. ''Can we just go do this damn mission?''

''You're right. Let's not entertain this clown any longer'' Namjoon flicks his cloak and begins to walk off, the rest following behind him.

You sigh in displeasure, watching their figures become smaller as they walked away and disappeared through the hole which led them back above. ''I wanted to ride with them...''

''Wanna ride this dick instead?'' Kai puts an arm around your shoulder, amusement lacing his tone. It disgusted you to the core at the thought of some satan thinking of you in such a way, but you didn't retaliate and simply stayed still in case he snitched.

''Won't I fall?'' you ask.

''What do you mean?''

''It's too small to ride''

He elicits a offended scoff, thankfully removing his arm away from your body. ''This isn't my real body, you know. Although I must say, this friend of yours does offer quite a lot down there''

You grimace, backing away from him. ''Perv. It's not even your body''

''We made a contract and he willingly gave me his body'' he shrugs nonchalantly, showing no vestige of remorse. ''So it's mine now''

You eyes muse in thought. ''What contract?''

''To make you like me'' he winks, ''Let's just get together, Y/N. You'll never find someone like me''

''That's the point'' you remark in response, turning away from him.

Why would Kai willingly give his body to satan just to get you to notice and like him?

''Is the real Kai still in there? Can he hear everything I'm saying?'' you ask, interest piqued. If he was, you could somehow manage to tell him to fight satan out of his body, mentally or something.

''He can, but I'm in control now. I don't give a fuck about what he thinks or says. I'll do what I want'' he states, callous tone portraying no traces of sympathy.

Your jaw clenches uncomfortably. ''So you're the one possessing everyone, huh''

He tilts his head in an almost eccentric way, a smile that was too big for his face plastered onto his lips. ''Not just me. There's more of us. A whole family of us''

A/N: [Scenario]

Mark: *gets down on one knee* cheddar head, will you...

Y/N: ?

Mark: *pulls out ring*  FIGHT ME?!