"Alex..." Cece murmurs, her hands clutching the back of my shirt. I can feel myself calm down a little bit, but I'm still fucking pissed.

"Well, we just thought-" He grasps for words, but I'm not having it.

"I don't give a damn what you thought, she told you No. When a girl says No, it doesn't mean 'convince me' it means 'get lost'. So beat it."

"But-"

"I said beat it!" I growl, and they immediately scatter. I wait until they are completely out of sight before turning to face Cece, looking over her face thoroughly. She looks immensely relieved, which only makes me more irritated with those jackasses.

"Are you okay?" I ask, and she nods.

"I am now...how did you know I needed help?"

"You had been gone a while, and I got worried. Are you sure you're alright?" I reply, brushing a strand of her hair out of her face, and she nods.

"Maybe I shouldn't have worn this after all, it seems to be drawing a lot of attention..." She mumbles, staring down at her skirt. I gently tilt her chin up so she's looking at me, not liking that defeated look in her eyes.

"Listen to me Celestine, don't you ever blame yourself for the behavior of pigs like them. You dressing nice isn't an invitation for them to harass you, they just don't have any respect."

Her hazel eyes widen at my words, and I can hear her heart race faster, her cheeks turning red under my gaze.

"You understand?" I ask, and she nods.

"Good. Now come on, lets go eat lunch, our friends are waiting for us." I smile, and as we begin walking towards the lunchroom I feel her small hand curl into mine as she leans into my side.

Oh, thank you Goddess...

I squeeze her hand gently, purring happily in my head. The sparks exploding across my skin making Roxy howl in joy...I don't even bother hiding the huge smile on my face as we enter the lunchroom together.

If this isn't a sign, I don't know what is.

~~~~~

At the end of school, I'm driving her home like usual...my mind mulling over exactly what to do next. I want to get closer to her, to show her I'm attracted to her...but I don't want to come on too strong and scare her off, or make her uncomfortable around me...

Damn it, why is this so hard?

"Alex? You okay?" Celestine murmurs, and I turn to face her after stopping at the stoplight.

"I'm good, just thinking about something." I answer, and I watch as she starts doing that finger tapping thing while biting her lip. What she normally does when she wants to ask me a question.

"Go ahead and ask me Cece, I know you want to."

Her eyes snap up to mine, a shocked look on her face. I'm getting good at understanding her...it makes me oddly happy.

"Well, about the English project starting next week..."

"What about it?"