Chapter 12

This is it guys! Thanks for reading this story and voting :) i really appreciate it.. Love ya'll

-----

Lauren lie half awake on her bed, floating in and out of consciousness as her mind drifted about aimlessly. She had gone down to the police station earlier that day, having to fill in her side of the story on what happened concerning Michael's death. The police already assumed it had been an act of self-defense, having questioned the hysterical Lauren the day of the incident, but they needed an official statement for their files.

With Austin backing her up, she had relayed as much information as she could offer, twisting the story slightly so Camila's ghost didn't come up; that would most likely do more harm than good to her credibility. She told it straight from the beginning, about her father's cheating, Camila's murder, Michael's threats, anything that pertained to the situation, the whole story finally unraveling itself and splaying out into the open.

Her story matched up perfectly with the recording of Michael's confession, but the recording also seemed to conveniently cut off right after the gunshot sound, a secret courtesy of Austin in order to cut out Camila's voice.

When the police questioned Lauren about the confrontation in the shed and what had happened in there, Lauren simply stated the whole confrontation was a blur to her, and she had blacked out in her moment of panic, regaining her senses to find Michael lying dead on the floor.

The police pulled up the unresolved missing person's report on Camila, and after Clara confirmed Lauren's story as well, they decided the teenager's story was reliable, connecting the dots as they deduced Lauren must have blacked out under the emotional stress and adrenalin when her father had started screaming at her. With the fact that the gun was still in Michael's hand, the police deemed his death as a suicide to escape arrest, and in the end, once the story was sorted out, all the witnesses were dismissed. It was finally over.

While Lauren was happy everything had worked itself out, her dad was no longer an issue and Camila was avenged and freed from her confinement, it gave the situation a strong sense of finality, like that part of her story had finally passed and was over for good. Everything to do with the girl had been removed from her life, and it made Lauren feel emptier than ever before.

The ghost's absence seemed so much more official now; Camila was permanently gone from Lauren's life forever, nothing more than a passing memory that was whisked away far too quickly.

Curling up into a tighter ball in a futile attempt to calm the aching in her chest, Lauren sighed, burrowing deeper underneath her sheets as her mind inevitably danced once again with Camila's memory.

-----

Camila's eyes flickered opened tentatively, the overwhelming brightness causing a sharp pain to shoot through her head, and her eyes watered as she quickly jammed them shut again. After a few seconds she opened them again, slower this time, peeking tentatively through her lashes as her eyes adjusted to the harsh light. Once she was able to fully open them she glanced around curiously, taking in the new surroundings displayed before her. It was a pitch white area of nothingness, but it was oddly calming, her body floating aimlessly about. However, it felt different than her ghostly floating; she couldn't control where she was floating at all right now. Not like there was anywhere she could go anyways.

"Hey Dawg, how's it hanging?" A voice spoke suddenly, casually cutting through the silence. Camila whirled around in surprise, at least she tried to.

"Who's there?" the she asked, twisting her neck to look around for the source of the voice.

She jumped when a woman appeared rather suddenly in front of her, the stranger displaying a small sheepish grin once she realized she had surprised Camila.