Chapter 6

"You did what?!" Clara screeched angrily, glaring daggers at her ex-husband. Michael sighed, running his hand through his short hair as he averted his eyes.

"I didn't think she'd react that way," he explained feebly.

"Oh? And how the hell did you think she would react? Did you think she would be fine with it, all rainbows and butterflies, and everything would be back to normal?" Clara hissed back bitterly. She had arrived home later that night to find Michael cursing under his breath, pacing in the kitchen as he held the house phone to his ear, and Lauren's room in complete disarray. Having no other way to explain what had occurred, Michael was forced to tell what taboo event had happened between Lauren and himself long ago, as well as what had gone down that night. Needless to say Clara wasn't very happy, especially when she learned Lauren had run off without her phone and had yet to come back.

"No! I don't know what I expected! I was angry, and... Clara, I think she's up to something," he explained insistingly, narrowing his eyes. "She's been out a lot lately, saying she's with this girl named-"

"Michael, I think you should leave. Now."

"Clara, she's plotting something. Did you tell-"

"Don't," she ground out stonily, interrupting him. "My daughter is wandering about somewhere out there, emotionally distraught and without her cell phone, and I cannot think of one other place that she would feel safe enough to go. I have no idea where she is, no idea if she's okay or not, and you have the decency to turn it around on her? You're an asshole, Michael Jauregui, and I wouldn't blame her if she never wanted to speak to you again. I'm not even sure if I ever want to see you again. Now I think you should leave. You are no longer welcome here."

Michael lowered his head at her icy tone, tightening his jaw. "Fine," he grumbled steely after a few seconds of tense silence, not sparing a second glance at the angry mother as he turned on his heel and left.

-------

Piercing green eyes sluggishly opened to the morning sun beaming through the window, and Lauren let out a tired yawn as she stretched. Her face felt stiff, and it took a few seconds for her to realize she was definitely not in her room.

"Good morning!"

Lauren jumped at the voice, turning quickly to see who had spoken. Unfortunately, she was already on the edge of the mattress, and she ended up rolling off with a small thud.

"Whuh...?" was all she was able to mumble through her confusion. A familiar giggle rang through her ears, and she lifted her head to see Camila floating up between the rafters.

Memories of the day before came flooding back, and she absentmindedly wondered how much of a mess her make-up was as she pushed herself into a sitting position.

"Are you coherent yet?" Camila asked jokingly, lowering herself in front of Lauren. The young brunette rubbed her eyes tiredly, groaning as her back muscles flared in pain.

"That mattress is complete crap," she muttered, glaring at said object as she rubbed her back. Her stare was broken by another yawn, and her gaze flickered back to an amused-looking Camila.

"When did I fall asleep?"

"A little bit after our jam session," Camila answered, smiling faintly at the memory. "You laid down on the mattress because your ankle was bothering you, and the next thing I know you're snoring."

Lauren's face turned red at this. "I don't snore!"

"Oh you do! And you talk in your sleep," Camila responded in a teasing tone. Of course, the younger brunette's snores were more of a heavy breathing more than anything, but she enjoyed teasing her friend. Camila was being truthful about the sleep talking though; when Lauren had first muttered in her sleep, Camila had floated down to see if she was awake. To her surprise, the green eyed girl was still fast asleep, and the ghost found herself quite amused at some of the things Lauren had muttered in her slumber.