Search for Skywalker

Luke's POV.

Darkness. That was all he could see. His ears rang painfully and his muscles ached.

What had happened? What was the last thing he remembered?

That's right! He was in the battle on Jakku. He was flying his x-wing with the squadron. Everything was normal. That was until that blasted fighter showed up. He tried everything to shake the skilled imperial pilot off, but nothing worked. Finally he had to call for help.

*****************flashback******************
I need a little help over here! I've got this fighter on my tail and I can't shake him off!"

"Gold leader, where are you?" One of the Republic fighters asked.

"On your left!" He answered as he flew to the left of the squad, doing everything he could to lose the tie-fighter.

"I don't see you!"

"I see him!" He heard Kira say. "I'm on my way, Master Luke."

Luke knew the fighter was getting in range. He saw Kira's x-wing in the distance coming closer, but a fighter flew in her way. "Blasted! I lost him!" He heard her yell.

Luke knew there was no way anyone would get to him in time.

"Artoo! He's closing in!" He warned the droid.

"Hold on, Master Luke!" Dirk called over the comm.

Just as he predicted, a blast came from the
tie-fighter and hit his x-wing in the back, knocking out one of his engines. The ship started the to lose control. Luke flipped some switched and tried to balance the ship out, but it was no use. He had to try and crash the x-wing without dying. That was the priority now. To live through this.

"Artoo get ready for impact!"

As the sand covered floor of the planet got closer Luke began to remember the promise he had made Raina.
********************************************
"Don't worry. We'll be fine." He assured her.

"I know. I'd just feel better if I were with you. That way I'd be there to help in case anything went wrong." He chuckled.

"I understand. Trust me. That's how I feel every time you go on one of those missions alone, but you really should stay here."

His wife nodded. "I know. Just in case something happens."

"Right. Just in case." He stressed. "I've been in battles before, Raina. You know that. I know what I'm doing."

She nodded wordlessly and embraced him.
"Just promise me you'll be careful."

He pulled back to look at her. He would do anything possible for her. He never knew he could love another being so much.

Before kissing her goodbye he smiled lovingly. "I promise."
********************************************
He had to keep his promise to Raina. He had to come home.

Luke braced himself for impact. Within seconds the ship crashed into the sand with a loud bang.

Luke opened his eyes, his ears ringing loudly. There was a blurred vision of a person approaching him. He couldn't see they're face, but he felt danger emitting from them. He tried to move, but his body disobeyed him. His head began to spin.

Luke started losing consciousness just as the person reached him. He only heard the man's deep voice before passing out.
"Now what do we have here?"
*****************flashback******************