Love Unkown

Raina's POV.

Luke came back to their room in the evening. Raina was waiting for him on the couch.

"Hey, I'm surprised you're still up. It's been a busy day."

Raina smiled giving a small nod. "It has."

He came and sat down next to her. Leaning over, he kissed her gently.

"I did some research of my own today." She told him.

He raised an eyebrow at her. "Really?"

She nodded. "Mhmm. On your mother."

At that Luke gave her a confused look. "My mother? Why?"

"I wanted to know more about her. I know that you and Leia know a lot already, but I thought I could maybe find some more on her."

He looked at her lovingly. "Thank you. That's very sweet."

She gave a humble smile, before continuing. "Well anyway, I have a surprise for you."

"A surprise?"

"She nodded, standing up and grabbing his hand. "Come with me."

The couple walked out of the palace and got in a speeder. Raina drove them away from the palace and across a bridge that went over a near by river. After a bit they came to another bridge that led to a tall spectacular memorial. Candles surrounded the place. From what the queen had told her, apparently a national holiday was coming up in a couple days and the people were getting ready for it.

 From what the queen had told her, apparently a national holiday was coming up in a couple days and the people were getting ready for it

Luke glanced at her as they drove over the bridge. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see." She answered with a hint of sadness in her voice.

Once they got over the bridge she parked the speeder in front of the grand mausoleum. The palace could be seen from across the river. The sun sunk slowly under one of the towers. They both hopped out of the speeder.

Luke stared at the memorial. Something close to fear or disbelief flashed across his eyes. "Wh-what is this place?" He asked her.

She looked at him, pretty sure he already guessed where they were. "I'll show you."

He followed Raina up the magnificent stairs and into the circular domed colonnade. Four large pillars held the roof up. Inside, on each stone pillar was a mosaic. In the center of the memorial lay a rectangular stone sarcophagus. Carefully carved on-top of the grave was a woman's sleeping image. The emblem of Naboo was carved on each side of the sarcophagus and surrounding the grave were four tall marble pillars with vases of
Milla-flowers.

She watched as Luke took in everything. He looked at the mosaics.

One was of a woman with dark brown hair and white makeup, wearing royal blue robes and the traditional crown of Naboo. White lilies engulfed her image.