Chapter 22: The Drunk Driver

~Ri’s P.O.V~

The next day, everyone got up groggily and went downstairs for some breakfast.

“I am seriously NOT in the mood to meet the guy who hit one of my best friends,” I grumbled into Harry’s shoulder.

He gently patted my back and kissed the top of my head.

“It’s alright, love. If you want, we can just go in and you can stay outside the door,” he said, reassuringly.

I shook my head slightly.

“It’s ok. Anyway, I want to see the guy. Give him a piece of my mind,” I said back.

Harry gave out a slight chuckle and intertwined our fingers together as I sipped on my herbal tea. Aaah, it’s so refreshing to drink in the mornings.

Soon enough, it was around 11:30, so we headed out of the apartment door and to the elevators. It was a little awkward since we were in there with some other people, so I took out my phone, checking my Instagram. I had posted a picture of myself after I had cried yesterday saying, “My best friend got hit by a car and died. What did I do to deserve this?”

@JaiBrooks commented, “I hope you’re alright, babe. I know what that feels like; to lose a friend L I’m a massive fan of your band and was wondering, do you have a Kik? We should chat. I can try to make you feel better (: xx”

I covered my hand to my mouth and screamed, jumping up and down. Everyone’s heads turned towards me and they gave me questioning glances.

“Are you ok?” Kat asked. I shook my head, grinning from ear to ear.

“What happened?” Caitlin asked.

I was at a loss of words and showed her my phone while everyone gathered around it.

“Oh. My. God,” Kat breathed.

“What? Who is that?” Harry asked, grabbing my phone to take a closer look.

Caitlin finally understood and started jumping up and down with Kat.

“The Janoskians know who we are! They’re fans!” they screamed.

I stood in the corner, laughing at the reaction the strangers were giving us. The bell dinged and they ran out, not giving us a second glance.

“Who are the Janoskians?” the Harry, Niall, Louis, and Zayn all asked at the same time.

“They are Youtube sensations who do the most stupid, but funniest, things ever,” Liam explained.

“And, they are super-hot,” I added, earning a glare from Harry.

“There’s Jai and Luke, who are twins,” Kat started.

“And then there’s Daniel, who likes to be called Skip, Beau, and James,” Caitlin finished up.

“How did you know about them, Liam?” I asked him.

“I was doing a twitcam and a fan told me to look them up. They are absolutely fantastic,” he responded.

“Ohhh,” we all understood now and nodded our heads.

Harry kind of stiffened, being the protective boyfriend he is, so I kissed his cheek and took his hand as we walked out of the elevator and out the doors of my building.

We all hopped into Louis’ car this time and on the drive over to the police station, I responded to Jai on Instagram:

@JaiBrooks OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG I can NOT believe you actually commented on one of my pictures!! You just made my day :D Here's my Kik: rismilexoxox