Chapter 9: Harry's Confession to Zayn

~Zayn’s P.O.V~

“Zayn.”

I jerked my head in her direction, my eyes and mouth wide open.

Christian and Harry imitated me.

“What?” We all said at once.

I didn’t understand… Had she heard everything I said to her?? I swear she was sleeping…

“I said, ‘I choose Zayn,’” Ri repeated, “I think I really like him,” she said, linking our arms together and resting her head on my shoulder. “He said a lot of nice things to me when I was resting upstairs. I don’t think he knew that I heard, but I did. And those words really meant a lot to me,” she said, smiling up at me.

I smiled back and kissed her forehead.

“You guys can’t just play with a girl’s heart and toss it around like it’s a freaking ball,” I said. “It’s delicate and needs to be taken care of.”

“So, we’re done, huh?” Chris asked Ri.

“Uhm, yeah, I guess we are,” she mumbled back.

“I’m sorry, Mariam. And I’m really sorry for hurting you. Emotionally and physically,” he let out a chuckle, “I’m just glad that you’re happy.”

Ri smiled and stood up to hug him. He embraced it and held on a little longer than usual, but finally let go, giving her a half smile.

“Well, I better be going… I need to pack…” Chris murmured.

Ri gave a shocked expression and asked, “Wait, what? Pack?”

Chris replied, “Yeah, my school is making me go back to the States to finish up some classes and I probably won’t come back once I’m done. So, this is goodbye.”

Ri frowned and hugged him again whispering, “I’ll miss you. Take care, ok? We have to keep in touch.”

“Don’t worry, babe, I will. And I’ll miss you, too,” he said, kissing her forehead.

She smiled while he said goodbye to everyone else.

Christian came over to me and pulled me into a manly hug. “Take care of her, man. You don’t and Imma kick your British/Pakistani ass,” he said jokingly.

I laughed and said, “Don’t worry, man. She’s in good hands.”

~Christian’s P.O.V~

The second Mariam chose Zayn, my heart broke into two. I had been in love with her for about 2 months now, but that didn’t matter. She was already over me and had moved on. I had made so many bad choices that all led to this conclusion; me leaving Mariam behind with another guy. But the past is the past, right? It’s meant to be forgotten…

~Harry’s P.O.V~

The second Ri chose Zayn, my heart broke into two. I mean, I barely knew the girl, but she had an effect on me that no one else except my mum had. That was saying something. I’ve kissed and held many girls, but Ri was different. I can’t believe I let her slip right through my fingers… I can’t forget about my past because it is definitely going to affect my future. Especially because Ri will be dating one of my best mates…

~Ri’s P.O.V~

I had made up my mind. I liked Zayn, a lot. But I was still a little worried about whether this was a good idea or not. I guess I’d give my heart another chance at love. If it got broken again, I wasn’t going to blame anybody but myself.

Caitlin had sat still throughout this whole situation without saying a word. I hope she’s ok.

After Christian left and I hugged him for the last time, I went over to Caitlin and Kat who were talking.