Chapter 12: Ri's Past and Epic Fail's Future

~Ri’s P.O.V~

I woke up to a shirtless Harry holding a tray full of sizzling bacon, warm toast, scrambled eggs, and orange juice.

“Oh, my gosh, Harry! You didn’t have to do this!” I told him.

“I know, babe, but I wanted to,” he said, blushing.

I smiled and pecked his cheek, taking the tray from him.

I started to make a sandwich with my meal and Harry grabbed the other piece of toast and copied me.

“Is this what most Americans do?” he asked me.

I laughed. “I’m not sure, but I do it,” I answered him, shrugging.

“Well, I love it. It tastes absolutely delicious!” he said, hugging me.

I hugged him back and replied, “Well, I’m glad.”

We ate in silence for a few moments and as I was about to grab the glass of orange juice, Harry asked me, “So, uhm, what’s up with the tattoo on your stomach?”

At first, I was confused, then, my eyes widened. “How did you know about that?” I hissed at him.

He threw his hands up in surrender and said, “Your shirt climbed up your torso this morning and as I went to pull it down, I just saw it.”

“Oh,” I whispered.

“Why did you react like that?” he asked, taking my hand.

I sighed and said, “It just… it’s something that I don’t tell a lot of people… I’ve only told Kat.”

“Oh, well, can you at least tell me what it says?”

I sighed again and decided to tell him, “It says ‘Love and Faith’ in Korean.”

“Oh… Why those words? And why in Korean?”

Why did he want to know so much?

“Because… because…” and then I couldn’t do it, I broke down into tears and started sobbing. Harry rushed to my side and pulled me into his chest.

“Babe, are you okay? I’m sorry if it was something I said or did. I didn’t mean it. I’m so sorry,” he apologized.

“No, no, it wasn’t you,” I managed to admit through my cries.

Harry gently rubbed my back and soon, I was calmed down enough to explain to him. “It’s just the story behind the tattoo. I don’t even know why I got it. It’s just a stupid reminder of that stupid day.”

He nodded his head and asked cautiously, “Do you want to talk about it?”

I hesitated, but slowly nodded.

“Remember, if you want to stop, you can. Or, we can just sit here and cuddle for a while.”

I nodded again and started my story:

“I was about 13 years old and living in South Korea, since my Dad was stationed there,” I continued, “Everything was great and it was my second time being there, so I fit in pretty easily. My Dad worked with the four-star general, so I barely got to see him at all.”

Harry nodded, signaling me to continue.

“One day, while I was at school and my siblings were at home, since they ended before me, I got called to the principal’s office. I was terrified out of my mind, thinking of all the bad things I did so far, but nothing came to me. So, that made me worry even more.

“Once I got to the principal’s office, she told me to sit down. Her eyes were red and slightly puffy, so I was even MORE worried, if that was even possible. Finally, she spoke, ‘Mariam, honey, I have some bad news.’ I panicked and started asking her a whole bunch of questions, but she calmed me down and continued talking, ‘I’m so sorry to tell you this, but… You’re whole family has been… deceased.’”