Chapter 8: The Choice

~Christian’s P.O.V~

“Oh, my gosh!! Mariam! I am so so sorry! Are you ok, babe?”

She winced, clutching her stomach.

I ran by her side and gently ran my hand over her stomach. She once again winced and I saw tears running down her cheek. “I’m so so sorry,” I said as I brushed away her tears.

She nodded and said, “Yeah, babe, I know. It just hurts… a lot.”

“I know, I know. Here, lie down on the bed,” I said, helping her onto Harry’s bed.

“I’ll go get some ice for her,” Zayn said, turning around to go downstairs.

I guess he’s the ice dude now.

“Ri, I am so sorry. If I hadn’t said anything, this would have never had happened,” Harry apologized.

“No,” I argued, “If I had just kept cool and like, talked to you, then this would have never happened.”

“It’s both our faults. And we’re both really sorry, Ri,” Harry said, gripping my shoulder.

I nodded.

She managed a smile and closed her eyes.

“Here, let’s let her get some rest,” Louis suggested.

We all nodded and went down to the kitchen. On the way down, we passed Zayn who had a pack of ice in his hands.

“I’ll be right back,” he told us.

~Zayn’s P.O.V~

I entered Ri’s room with the ice pack in my hands. She had her eyes closed and didn’t open them when I walked in. I guess she was sleeping.

I gently laid the cold pack onto her stomach and covered her body with a blanket. I then sat next to her on the floor.

“Ri, I’m sorry this happened to you. It seems you’re always getting hurt,” I chuckled softly, “I’m sorry I wasn’t here for you and let this happen. Trust me, if you were mine, I would protect you with my life and never let you go. The thing is… Ri… I… think I… love… you,” I trailed off.

Thank God she was sleeping. I could never confess this in front of her face if she were awake.

She looked so peaceful when she slept; so innocent. I swiped some hair away from her eyes and got up. Before leaving, I kissed her forehead and said again, “I love you, Ri.” And walked out of the room.

~Ri’s P.O.V~

Zayn came in soon after the Harry, Louis, Liam, and Christian walked out. I decided to just act like I was sleeping as he came closer and put the ice pack on my stomach. It felt so good.

I thought Zayn was going to leave after covering me with a blanket, but instead, he just sat down next to me and just stared into my half-closed eyes. He looked so cute when he was studying me.

Suddenly, he started talking, “Ri, I’m sorry this happened to you. It seems you’re always getting hurt,” he chuckled softly.

I hid a smile.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t here for you and let this happen. Trust me, if you were mine, I would protect you with my life and not let you go.” I was going to wake up at this moment and say it wasn’t his fault whatsoever, but he continued, “The thing is… Ri… I… think I… love… you,” he trailed off.

What had he just said??

My mind was spinning and I was SO confused. Ok, so, THREE guys are in love with me right now?