Chapter 14: Torn from hesitation

Andrew. Where'd you go?! V?! Where are you?! Please be together. Don't tell us you are alone.

                    Though tired, Dan, Ana and Marcy ran through the forest in such a fuss; not caring if the undead are still on their trail; not caring if all hell breaks loose; not caring if something is still following them to devour them. Only caring to find their lost comrades.

"Andrew!" Ana screamed. "V!" Marcy added. They repeated until they can get something.

With all the noise they were putting up, a few zombies crossed their path.

Dan used his crossbow immediately in the encounter. He didn't want to lose anybody. And he's certainly not gonna let anything get in his way on finding both his partner, and his friend.

                  "DAN! HELP!!!" A voice shrieked. It was Andrew. With his voice was the sound of moaning, and that was the problem. His voice fades but the moaning stays.

The young man sprinted. "Dan, slow down!" Ana and Marcy collapsed with fatigue. Soon after, a small hoard of the infected came into view from the end of the forest. He counted his arrows. It wasn't enough to take on both what is attacking Andrew and what will attack them.

"Ana, can you still run?" His voice cracked with frustration.

"Yeah, but Marcy's leg ain't doing a great job." The brunette answered. She looked behind her and saw what seemed to be the dillemma. "They're here already?!" Ana gasped. Dan had no choice.

                 The male picked Marcy up, despite their combined body weight pulling them down and ran like hell deeper to the forest. A few moments of air escaping their lungs, they flopped to the ground. They may be quicker, but the undead never tires. "Is that a shed?" Marcy pointed. "Yeah."

"Dan, go save Andrew and V. We'll be in the shed." Ana said.

"But we'll get even more separated." He was torn in hesitation.

"No, we'll be fine! Go save Andrew! Please!" The red-head begged.

                    As much as Dan didn't know what to do, he had to go on to save the other two. The shed was well hidden in behind the trees but was on the path that they could easily follow. Besides, Ana had her gun. They didn't want anymore attention to themselves, but it could protect them if need be.

"Dan! V! Anybody! Help!" Andrew yelled. Dan didn't like the sound of that. That meant V isn't with Andrew. That means she is alone in the woods. Knowing her, she wouldn't scream or yell. Not occasionally. But let herself rot. Which is a bad thing.

Dan arrived in the scene to spot Andrew up a tree, with the zombies clawing on the trunk with black ooze dripping from their mouth. The said creatures bit rabidly in thin air. With their motions, you can tell they were teasing him, as if they were saying "Come down, we're hungry." but their hunger never ceases, no matter how much they feed.