Changes

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Three Years Later

"Not me. No."

"Me either. You can stick that idea right back up your ass where it came from."

Jax shook his head in frustration as his eyes fell on the last candidate. Gemma grinned and shook her head as he yelled for his next victim. "Hap! Come here a minute, man."

Happy walked over and nodded to Gemma before looking at Jax. "What's up?"

Jax decided not to beat around the bush and just throw it out there. "Tonight, I need you to push up on Vic."

Happy's eyes widened in surprise before he looked at everyone else, hoping someone was going to tell him that Jax was kidding. Finally, he snorted and shook his head. "You've lost you're fucking mind and I'm not tired of breathing yet."

Chibs spoke up from the other end of the bar. "Aye, Hap, that's what we all told him too."

Jax grumbled to himself as Gemma put her hands on her hips. "Look, we need one of you assholes to take one for the team. It's the only way that we're going to get either of them to admit that they're in love with each other. Personally, I'm tired of them acting like a couple but not being one."

Happy shook his head. "Tig will kill any of us that try, Gem. Can't you talk to Vic or some shit? I don't want to die."

Gemma shook her head. "I'm taking her shopping later. Maybe if I get her to wear some actual female clothes, you know, something besides business clothes or jeans, Tig will notice."

Chibs scoffed. "He notices her now, Gem, he just doesn't realize it, yeah?"

Before anyone could say anything else, Tig and Clay come walking in. Gemma cleared her throat as they came over to the bar, Tig frowning as he looked around the room. "Gem, have you seen Vic yet? She's supposed to be bringing me lunch."

Jax rolled his eyes. "How do you get free food? We all have to pay for anything we get from the diner."

Tig grinned and smacked Jax on the arm. "She likes me better, I guess."

The door opened and the woman in question came walking in carrying a white plastic bag. She handed it to Tig as he kissed her on the forehead and she smiled up at him. "I brought you your favorite today. Meatloaf with the works."

Tig grinned and nodded as he sat the bag on the bar. "You're too good to me, doll. I'll eat it in a little while. Me and Chibs have to be somewhere."

Jax grinned. "Maybe stop at the barbershop on the way back. Your hair's out of control, man."

Vic slapped Jax on the arm as everyone chuckled. "It is not! He's handsome just the way he is." She turned to Gemma and grinned. "You ready to go?"

Tig frowned as he started for the door. "Where are you going?"

Vic shrugged. "Shopping."

Tig nodded. "Oh, ok. You need money?"

Vic grinned and shook her head. "No, I'm good."

Tig nodded but tilted his head. "You sure?" When she nodded again, he reached out and pulled her in for another kiss on the head. "Ok, you two be careful. See you later?"

Vic nodded as Gemma grabbed her purse from the bar. "Yeah, I should be here."

The four of them walked outside, leaving Jax shaking his head. He scoffed and looked at Happy, who was smirking. "Best friends, my ass."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later that evening, Tig and Happy were playing a game of pool as the clubhouse started to fill up with party-goers. Tig was lining up his shot as Happy leaned on the other side of the table.

"So, how come Vic doesn't have a man? A good-looking woman like that, you'd think she'd be beating the guys off with a stick."

Tig shrugged. "She doesn't need a man, she has me." When Happy snorted, Tig shook his head. "Man, I'm serious. I take care of her car, I mow her grass for her on the weekends, and I take out the garbage. She doesn't need a man to do that shit, that's what I do."

Happy lifted a brow. "Yeah, maybe, but she's a woman. She has other... needs to take care of, and I'm guessing her best friend doesn't do those for her."

Tig looked uneasy now but shook his head. "No, but... look, she's fine, ok?"

Happy happened to look toward the bar and whistled. "I'll be fucked if she isn't. Damn!"

Tig looked the way he was facing and swallowed back a curse. There was Vic, looking good enough to eat standing at the bar with Gemma. She had on black leggings with heeled leather boots and a top that looked like a fucking corset. Her hair was down and curly, laying over her shoulders, and Tig had the sudden urge to wrap it around his hands. He dropped the cue stick and backed up a step, cursing under his breath.

"Fuck... what do I... no, no, no. I gotta go."

Happy grabbed his arm as he started around him, pinning him with a look. "Let me guess. It just dawned on you, right?" When Tig frantically nodded, Happy sighed. "Go. Take a few minutes to think about this shit, but you better hurry because looking like that? She's not gonna be alone too long."

Tig nodded, taking a deep breath and heading through the crowd, careful to stay away from the area around the bar. He made it outside to a picnic table, where he sat down and lit a cigarette. He was staring out into the dark when Chibs found him ten minutes later. He sat down beside his friend and lit a cigarette.

"Hap told me what happened."

Tig nodded. "I want her and I don't know what to do about it." When Chibs scoffed, Tig grinned. "Ok, I'm not thirteen. I know what to do, but what if she doesn't want that with me?"

Chibs shrugged. "Of course, I don't know everything, but that woman looks at ye like yer the only man alive. I say take yer chances." He threw his cigarette down on the ground and stood up, turning to smirk at Tig. "And ye better hurry. Kozik just bought her a drink."