When In Rome

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Six Months Later

Tig stared at Gemma as they sat in the visitor's room at Stockton prison. He finally shook his head. "I can't believe that shit, Gem. You must have misunderstood."

Gemma shrugged as she sat across from him at the table. "All I know is what Tabby said."

Tig sat for a few minutes, staring down at his hands and muttering to himself before he finally nodded and looked up at the SAMCRO matriarch. "Ok, get her here. I want her to tell me to my face that she's dating Marcus Alvarez."

Gemma snorted and shook her head. "Yeah, that should be easy, right? I mean, you're the one who told her that you didn't want her here, remember?"

Tig shook his head. "Yeah, but that's because I didn't want her to see this. This is the ugly side of my life and I didn't want it to touch her, Gem."

Gemma shook her head as she stood to go. "Yeah? Ya know, for someone so smart, you can really act stupid, Tiggy. She loves you. All of you, even the ugly part, but neither of you will face it. I'll do what I can to get her here, but I'm not promising anything. It may have to wait until you're out, and then you better hope she isn't a Mayan old lady."

Tig snorted and shook his head as he followed the guard back to his cell. When he walked in, Happy looked at him with a smirk. "Finally get a visit from Vic?"

Tig shook his head as he sat down on his cot. "Nah, Gemma. I told Vic to stay away before we even came in. According to Tabby, she's seeing Alvarez."

Happy stared at him in shock for a minute before shaking his head. "You gotta stop that shit right now, man."

Tig shook his head. "I can't make her stop seeing him, Hap."

Happy leaned over and got in Tig's face. "Yeah. You can. Man, grow a pair and tell her how you feel before she's popping out babies for another dude."

Tig stood up and pushed Happy back a step. "She's not that into him, Hap! Shit, it ain't like he's claimed her or some shit!"

Happy shook his head. "How the fuck do you know? You're in here, and since you told her not to come visit, you don't know what the fuck she's doing, do you? She could be riding his dick right now."

Tig swung before thinking, clocking Happy in the jaw. The club enforcer spit blood on the floor before smirking. The last thing Tig saw was a huge fist coming at his face.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vic was working on the inventory when Chibs came walking in, a serious frown on his face. She lifted a brow as he sat down at the counter and motioned to the coffee pot. She brought the coffee to him and poured him a cup before setting the pot down on the counter and leaning beside it. 

"Why the long face, Chibs?"

Chibs took a sip of coffee before leveling her with a look that had her feeling like she was in trouble with her father. "Tig wants ye to come see him, luv."

Vic shook her head. "He was clear when he went in that he didn't want me around."

Chibs shook his head and sighed. "Tha' was before ye started runnin' around with Alvarez."

Vic stared at him for a moment before shaking her head. "I'm what now?"

Chibs nodded. "Aye, Tabby told Gemma abou' how yer seein' Marcus."

Vic shook her head and frowned. "I took his mother some chicken soup because she wasn't feeling well and he took me out to dinner as a thank you."

Chibs grinned, apparent relief on his face. "Tha' was no' the way it was told to Gemma."

Vic shrugged. "What does it matter anyway? He's been pretty clear about not wanting me around. I get it, Chibs. He doesn't have to beat a dead horse."

Chibs rolled his eyes as he looked at her. "I know yer smarter than tha' darlin." He looked down at his cup for a moment before shaking his head. "When we're in the joint... tha's no' somethin' he'd wan' ye to see, Vic."

Vic shook her head. "That's bullshit, Chibs. I've seen him at some pretty dark moments and I never once turned my back on him, then when he gets put away, when he might really need me, he cuts ties." She shrugged. "That's on him, not me."

Chibs nodded. "So ye willnae go see him?"

Vic shook her head. "No."

Chibs sighed as he stood up to go. "Ye are a stubborn lass, Vic. I'll pass it along."

Vic gave him a sad smile. "You do that, Chibs."

Vic walked to the back and sat down at her desk, putting her head in her hands. Her insides were a jumbled mess. On the one hand, she was dying to see Alex, but on the other, she was still smarting from him turning his back on her. She raised her head and looked at the pile of invoices on the desk. Her uncle had died two months before and had left the diner to her in his will. Although she was thankful, she was also still sorting through everything.

She shook her head as she stood back up to go out to the kitchen. She told herself that she didn't have time to worry about Alex Trager. She had her own problems right here at home.