• Chapter 16 • Ginger •

Start from the beginning

"Hey, it's what she said, why would she lie?" He quickly argues, before his back hits the wall.

"Why do you always have to beat the shit out of someone?" I fire back, now pushing the bat against his chin threateningly, "maybe get the full story first for once."

"Sure, whatever, I'm sorry, alright?" He huffs, "now can you please put the bat down?".

I look him in the eye for second before kneeing him in the dick, making him groan.

"What the fuck, Emma?" He bends over in pain.

I turn around and leave the house, brushing my shoulder past Jonas' and go down onto the street.

I hand Jonas the bat and brush my hands off on my jeans, "here's your bat back, I need to go home and see if we've sorted out the gas bill." I begin walking away from him.

"Okay... bye then." He responds with a slight chuckle.

"See ya." I shout over my shoulder.

When I get home, I go in through the back and see Frank on one of the stools, Fiona and Lip sat at the table and Veronica cleaning up Lip's bloody face.

"Hey," I say as I close the door behind me, "how's the face?"

"Painful, I'd imagine." V replies, "and broken."

"Nice," I nod, giving Lip a fist bump, chuckling slightly as I notice the tissue stuffed up his nose to stop the bleeding.

"The nose is the most commonly broken bone in boys between the ages of thirteen and twenty-five." Veronica says as she presses on it.

"That's fascinating, but who's the old dude?" Lip asks, gesturing over to the person sat on a chair on the other side of the room.

"It's not a dude it's your Aunt Ginger." Frank responds, while I grab a beer from the fridge.

"What, the one who owns the house?" I ask.

"That's right." Frank nods, "Ginger, say hello to your niece and nephew." He shouts to them.

"Dad, stop." Fiona sighs, rolling her eyes st him.

"Why's he trying to pass off Mr Perry as Aunt Ginger?" I suddenly realise who 'Aunt Ginger' actually is.

"Who?" Frank furrows his eyebrows.

"Oh shit, you're right." Lip nods, "Mr Perry, our old bus driver."

"Yeah, now he sleeps behind the dumpster over at the A&P." I explain how Frank would have found him.

"Social security wants to talk to Ginger and he was too lazy to get the real one." Fiona tells us.

"That's kind of retardedly brilliant." Lip shrugs with a nod.

"Thank you." Frank proudly nods, taking a sip of his beer.

"Or brilliantly retarded." I quip back.

"Thank you." Frank repeats.

"Now we have to drive all night to go get her." Fiona huffs in annoyance, glaring at our father, before turning to Veronica, "think Kev will let us borrow his car?"

"No," V shakes her immediately.

"I'll call and beg." Fiona sighs, getting up and going to grab the phone from the kitchen counter.

Deb and Carl then walk into the house carrying tons of hairdryers.

"We got these from Imelda over at the Holiday Inn." Debs tells us, putting them down on the table at the edge of the counter, Carl following suit. "It'll be a good way to stay warm. Why's Mr Perry here?"