Part 24.

Landon's POV.

I've tried texting and calling Tessa all day today since she showed up last night, I'm worried about her and I just need to know she's okay. if we need to book our flights back to New York then all she needs to do is say the words.

We are all sitting at the dining table and Hardin seems uneasy.

"Are you Alright Hardin?" I ask, he'll probably bite my head off but I'd rather ask then not.

"I don't know, honestly. I feel weird like somethings happened but I have no idea what the fuck it is, have you heard from Tessa today?" he replies

My phone starts vibrating, I would usually ignore it at dinner but it's a unknown number and I have this gut feeling I need to answer it.

"Hello, Landon speaking" I speak clearing and loud. Everyone at the dinner table is looking at me.

"Hi Landon, My name is Nancy and I'm a nurse her at Grandview hospital. Landon I'm so sorry but we unfortunately have a young women here in critical condition and your name is the emergency contact number in her phone. We need you to come here and identify her please" wait wait what?

"Wha, whaaaat? What are you talking about? What young women" I'm panicking, I know it's going to be tessa but I'm praying it won't be.
We decided in New York that we would use each other as our number one emergency contact.

Hardin jumps up immediately

"I know this is a very scary situation, are you with anyone else that you can pass the phone?" Nancy asks calmly

"I umm, I umm, their umm" I stutter, I'm completely frozen.

Hardin jumps and grabs my phone out of my hands "what's going on?" Hardin asks harshly over the phone

"We will be right there, we are leaving right this second" Hardin throws my phone back at me

"Get the fuck up Landon!! Move it or I'll leave without you, I fucking mean it!" Hardin shouts at me.

My Mom and Ken are looking at us puzzled

Hardin quickly speaks for me

"That was the hospital, there's a girl in critical condition and they need Landon to ID her, she was thrown from the car and the only thing the hospital has at the moment is a cell phone."

Ken tells us he will drive us and we start running to the car. Hardin's heavy breathing is making me feel sick.

"I fucking knew something was wrong" Hardin says "FUCK!" He yells

"Calm yourself son! We don't know yet but if it is her you need to be calm for her" Ken says

We walk to the front desk and I see a older women sitting there and I notice her badge 'Nancy' "Hi my names Landon Gibson, I received a phone call.." Nancy cuts me off and stands and asks us to follow her.

We walk down a corridor full of glass walls, we turn left and she slides a glass door open I can see someone in the bed and a lot of tubes and cords coming from a person but I can't see the face.

Hardin pushes past me and starts walking over but then freezes about five feet away from the bed and I know it's Tessa. Hardin's paled and Ken grabs my shoulders.

"I'm so sorry but we need to get her full name and date of birth please" Nancy asks

"Tessa Ly... I mean Theresa Lynn Young" i say
"December 19th 1994" I say like a robot

"What happened?" I ask but I get distracted by Zed being wheeled passed the glass door.