Chapter 10

In Celaena's dream, she was surrounded by the familiar darkness. Even if it's been a while, she knew exactly what was happening. "Robin? Are you there?"

Right before her, the image of Robin appeared. Her appearance seemed to be glowing, almost to the point of transparent. "Hello Celaena. It's been a while."

Celaena stared at her in awe. "Robin... Why are you glowing so much?"

"It seems like my soul is going to rest in peace soon."

"How did that happen all of a sudden?"

"Because..." Robin smiled bittersweetly. "It seems like Chrom is finally starting to accept that I'm gone."

"I mean... It's good that he's moving on. But how did he so suddenly?"

Robin gave her a smile. "I'm positive it's because of you."

Celaena was shocked by Robin's response. "Me?! But I didn't do anything."

"You were there for him. I'm aware that you and Chrom had similar interactions as him and I did. That's probably why he feels so at ease now. If I'm correct, I bet he's been thinking hard about you. He might have caught on that you're the reincarnation of me. But... He also realizes that you are your own person."

Celaena lowered her eyes. "If that's true, he'll only have feelings for me just because you're a part of me?"

Robin shook her head. "No. Chrom wouldn't think like that. He's gotten to know you for a while, and realized some similar things between you and I. But at the same time, he came to be fond with your own unique traits."

"You really think so..?"

"I know so." Robin paused for a moment. "And now to ask you a question... How do you feel towards Chrom?"

Celaena swallowed hard, a blush appearing on her face. "You... Won't get mad if I tell you, right?"

Robin shook her head. "I know what you're going to say, but I want to hear it directly from you."

Taking a deep breath in and out, Celaena started getting shy. "Well... During the time when Chrom took me in... I've thought that he's very handsome. And the more I got to know him, I... I started to like him. Like crush wise. But then just recently, I realized... It's more than a crush. I... I like him a lot. As in love him..." Celaena felt very awkward to be saying this to Chrom's late wife.

Robin gave her a sweet smile. "And I know Chrom feels the same way about you. I feel like I'll be able to finally let my soul rest in peace." She slightly bowed. "I want to thank you for making Chrom happy again. And for spending so much time with my daughter. I cannot thank you enough for making the people precious to me happy again."

Feeling warm inside, Celaena smiled back. "You're very welcome, Robin. Thank you for giving me a second chance in life."

"May this life be better than the last..." Robin was started to fade away. Celaena knew that this was the last time she would ever speak to Robin. It brought tears to her eyes. Happy and sad tears.

***

Waking up to reality, Celaena was trying to rise up when she felt like she hit something against her forehead. It was like she bumped into another person.

"Ouchie..." A child's voice said.

Holding her forehead in pain, Celaena saw that it was little Lucina. "Lucina, what are you doing in here?"

Rubbing her forehead, Lucina spoke up. "Father wanted me to get you. He said something like... There was a visitor for you. But I didn't want to wake you up since you looked so peaceful."