Chapter 7

Celaena's dream felt different than usual. Usually, her dreams have her meeting with Robin. Only this time, Robin wasn't around. The surroundings weren't dark, but it felt like she was in a different place.

Looking down, Celaena noticed that she was wearing very different attire. Instead of Robin's cloak, it seemed like she was wearing kind of raggy robe with sandals.

The cotton robe was ripped all over, covered in dirt even. Her stomach started to growl out of nowhere. Was she in the conscious of a poor village girl?

Going over to a nearby well, Celaena peered down in the water. It was still her own reflection. The only difference was her hair was down and covered in dirt.

Feeling her face with her hands, Celaena could feel herself. She wasn't sure if she was dreaming or living in real life. Or if it was a dream-like reality.

She looked around, seeing the trees vibrant pink. It was the most beautiful sight she has ever seen. It felt so... Familiar to her. Like she has seen this sight thousands of times.

It felt strange at the same time. Nobody was around but her. Slowly taking a step forward, Celaena started looking if people were around. "Hello?! Is anyone here?! Somebody..?!"

There was no answer.

As soon as Celaena was about to call out again, she started to feel chest pains. She started coughing violently while covering her mouth with her hand, feeling some kind of liquid coming out.

Looking at her hand, Celaena saw her own blood. Feeling like she was about to hyperventilate, she fell to her knees. She started coughing once more, feeling like she was caving into the ground.

Looking all around her, the pink trees started vanishing from sight. It felt like she was getting sucked into darkness. She felt like she was getting dizzy due to everything that was happening. Before she knew it, Celaena blacked out.

***

In reality, Celaena woke up in cold sweat. She was breathing hard, trying to process where she was at the moment. It felt like she wasn't even in her own room.

Looking down at her hand, she saw that there was no blood. Trying to catch her breath, Celaena let out a relieved sigh. "Thank gods it was just a dream..." Even though it didn't feel like a dream.

The dream felt too real to be an actual dream. It was felt like she was living in a memory. A memory of her past life. Coughing up blood and feeling unbarable pain... Could that have been her cause of death?

"Celaena, are you alright?"

Grunting, Celaena turned her head to see little Lucina looking at her with her bright eyes. The little girl looked worried, almost like she was about to cry.

That dream she had made her feel so shocked that Celaena had forgotten that Lucina had slept over. Not wanting to worry the child, she placed her hand on the little girl's head. "I'm alright now."

"Did you have a bad dream?"

"Not... Exactly."

"What do you mean?"

"It's..." Celaena trailed off. She had no idea what to say. She had no idea how to describe the dream she had. It was still all a shock to her. Before she could say anything else, there was a knock on the door. "Come in."

The door opened, revealing Frederick at the other side. "I have come to inform you that your breakfast is prepared."

Lucina quickly got out of bed. "Breakfast! Come on, Celaena! Let's go!"