Chapter 4

Walking along the dirt path and walking in the middle of the three, Celaena felt like a pair of eyes were on her constantly. It was Frederick of course, making sure she wouldn't do anything suspicious.

She understood that it was for safety towards Chrom and Lissa, but she was no threat at all. Hopefully he'll understand at some point.

It was mostly silent along the way, Celaena wanted to clear the awkward tension. "So, Chrom... Do you mind if I ask a personal question?"

Curious, Chrom turned his head towards her while walking. "What is it?"

"Do you and Robin have any children?"

A soft smile appeared on his face. "We have a daughter. Her name is Lucina."

   Celaena's face broke into a smile, knowing in the inside that he already has a child that was mentioned by Robin. "You do?! That's adorable! How old is she?"

   "She's two now. She's a fast learner with a lot of things."

   "I want to see her! If I can that is."

   Chrom chuckled. "Of course you can. I'm sure Lucina will be happy to have someone to play with."

   "I bet!" Celaena turned towards Lissa. "How about you? Do you have any children or plan to have any?"

   Lissa looked a bit flustered. "Well... I did find out just recently that I'm expecting."

   Celaena's face lightened up. "Truly?! Congratulations! Do you know if you're having a son or daughter yet?"

   "It's in the beginning stage, but I have a strong feeling that I'm going to have a son!"

   "A mother's intuition never lies." Celaena looked over towards Frederick. "How about you, Sir Frederick? Do you have any children?"

   Frederick had an awkward look, but he decided to give in. "I have a son. Though he's still in diapers."

   Celaena's face was in shock. "You have a very young son! Now I feel bad that you have to watch me! You should be spending quality time with your son!"

   "That's what Lissa and I have been trying to tell him." Chrom explained. "But he always says his duty is above all else."

   Lissa let out a sigh. "He's going to regret not spending time with his son. Before he knows it, his son will be all grown up before he could spend any quality time with him!"

   "That's actually pretty sad." And Celaena meant it. "Sir Frederick, are you sure you can't cut some time off watching me to spend that time with your son? It's such a precious time for you, and I know none of us here would want that to go to waste for you."

   Frederick shook his head. "I must keep watch of you. I do not want to risk anything."

   Celaena let out a sigh. "What can I do to have you realize that I'm not going to hurt anyone?"

   "Don't worry." Chrom spoke up. "Frederick will realize what a good person you are and back off. He just worries too much for us."

   "As a knight, I must work tirelessly for the two of you." Frederick stepped in.

   Celaena let out a long sigh. It seemed like she was lost in thought about something. Lissa seemed to notice, cocking an eyebrow. "Why the long face?"

   In all honesty, Celaena felt jealous towards all three of them. She wished she would have a nice, happy life with a family. With children. It sounded nice. But instead, she had no clue who she is.